overall

RATINGS: 217   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.96   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
A true bohemian-style pilsner. Crisp and refreshing, this beer is perfect for a hot summer day. Saint Arnold Summer Pils has a delicate, sweet malt taste complemented by an abundant hop aroma and flavor. This beer is brewed with fine German malt, and a copious quantity of "noble" hops imported from the Czech Republic. Saint Arnold Summer Pils is best consumed at 36° Fahrenheit

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
BeerRules (243) - Houston, Texas, USA - AUG 15, 2005
Spicy, doughy aroma. Bubbly, crystal clear golden body with a white head that quickly diminished. Moderately malty taste with a hop bite. Has a kind of tongue coating sweetness as well that I found enjoyable. Overall, this is a refreshing, tasty beer that I wouldnt mind drinking after a 100 degree day in Houston.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
nstal (237) - Houston, Texas, USA - JUL 24, 2002
Very decent pilsener, could hit the spot if you just got done swimming or somethign like that. Drink cold.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
ilikestuff (224) - Irving, Texas, USA - JUL 16, 2006
Very flavorful brew, but not really a flavor that I prefer. A fruity sweet beer that wuold be more suited to people transitioning from coors to good beers.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
uhorpheus (215) - houston, Texas, USA - APR 5, 2003
Decent pils, not my favorite but a good brew. I'm justified in buying it becaue I get to supprot the little local guys. Slightly floral, not extremely bitter, light, not good if too warm. I agreee with Andrew196: as soon as it warms a little it sucks.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
dukefan (214) - Dallas, Texas, USA - AUG 1, 2003
A crisp hoppy pilsner. The beer gets a little sour, ugly (as others mention) if you don't attack it cold.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
bbcd (214) - Austin, Texas, USA - MAY 25, 2013
simple, cereal, crisp hops, I don’t have anything to say aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
johno (185) - Galveston, Texas, USA - MAR 29, 2007
Pale transparent gold with a rather spare white head. Aroma is a pleasant, if a little light, crisp floral hops, bready. Moderately bittersweet throughout, fruity, a bit more viscous than expected, soft, finish drawn out. Quite drinkable but nothing at all jumps out at you.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
aenimopiate (176) - The United States of Texas, Texas, USA - APR 29, 2005
no real affect on my palate and no real greatness to this one. add it up the category with the other mediocre beers that try to be passed off as somehow "different" yet all seem to have no redeeming taste value. I could have had almost any other cheap american beer and not really have told you any discerning thing as to what I was drinking

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
texasbartender (160) - Sugarland, Texas, USA - APR 20, 2008
The beer pours a very clear light gold. The clarity of the beer is so perfect that I can hold the beer to the light and look up through the side of the glass and observe the fizzy white head dissipate from below. The head poured a vigorous thick white but didn’t hang out for the party as it disappeared very quickly. The beer has a very light nose; in fact it was so light that I almost got a nose full of brew as I leaned in for a better sniff. After I evacuated my nasal passages I was able to pick up on a light maltyness highlighted by sour citrus and sweet lemongrass notes. Upon first sip the carbonation of the beer dances off the tip of the tongue, the first taste is defined by a high carbonation with an underpinning of black pepper spiciness. The middle of the sip is a ghost, lacking any real flavors. As the last of the sip slides down the back of my tongue the hops show their floral little green heads. The hoppyness of the end of taste doesn’t hang around long but finishes the otherwise simple beer nicely. Overall I found this beer to be quite drinkable and refreshing.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
churchill00 (154) - Austin, Texas, USA - MAR 6, 2007
One of the better offerings from this brewery. Pale, slightly bitter, fair head--but quickly diminishes. The finish is short, tastes of orange and lemon. Not bad, but not great.