overall
Tourpes-Leuze, Belgium
Serve in Tulip

RATINGS: 2496   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.82/5   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Bottle conditioned.
Saison Dupont is a classic Belgian farmhouse ale. This is a beautifully balanced, complex beer that has a refreshing fruitiness and long, dry finish. It is bottled unfiltered so it may be cloudy or have a slight sediment but this is normal and perfectly natural.

For export relabeled as "Vieille Provision".

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
yngwie (16315) - Kristiansand, NORWAY - APR 19, 2006
UPDATED: JAN 21, 2011 Bottled. 33cl. Sparkling, orange and hazy, with a nice stable, off-white head. The aroma has a sourness in the aroma with some yeastiness and a medicine-like note. Light citric and bitter with mould and spicyness coming through. Mild bitter finish with some alcohol. Has some metallic and medicine notes too. Not sure I like that too much. Rating: 6-4-6-4-12-3.2. 060419

Bottle, 33cl. It pours a slightly cloudy, unclear body, golden in color and with a two-finger white head leaving lacings. Some butterscotch on the nose, quite a lot actually, and fruity, hoppy aromas too. Slightly spiced. Some yeast notes? Itís dry and medium bodied, well carbonated. Buttery maltyness followed by hoppy bitterness, pine cone hints, medicine, yeast and green apples. Doughy, yeasty finish with a lovely bitterness and fruits and some pale malts. Overall, I donít care too much of the aroma, itís too buttery, but then I taste it, and after the first swallow it gets quite lovely. A strange beer I might never fully understand. Would like to have it readily available though. 110121

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
skibumphishead (259) - Massachusetts, USA - APR 18, 2006
12oz bottle from table and vine. My friendís buddy in Boston works for a wine store. I asked him if they sell beer also and he knew a little about beer. He told me to grab one of these. It poured into a tulip half beer and half head. Smells like sweet lemon. First sip (chilled) tastes like lemon and musty funk. This is a nice citrus peppery dry beer as it warms. This is so easy to drink that I think that I might get some friends to try it. The only other saison I have had was the fantome.... that was a nice beer too.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
slcbrewer (44) - USA - APR 17, 2006
12oz bottle from Belgium. Poured fairly clear, with a good head and lots of carbonation. Light clean taste with a small amount of citrus and not too much bitterness. If it was easily obtainable here in Utah, this would be my regualr summer beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
ancherrera (162) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 16, 2006
Champagne like dryness and very lively carbonation. Tart and bitter, almost like a club soda or mildly salty flavor. Some citrus like lemon pith. Not as fruity as I would have expected. really is a good beer to drink on a hot day or maybe with picnic food. Cloudy, opaque golden yellow. Want to try it again.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
chicagobears (447) - Elk Grove Village, Illinois, USA - APR 13, 2006
Yellow-gold unfiltered hazy, big froathy head. Very lively carbonation. Itís a warm day here, so I thought it would be a good time to try a Belgium Saison. Hay, citrusy aroma, fruity, and a bit of that green bottle scent, only at first. A very dry hoppiness and has a mild limey sourness. A salty dryness lingers. This is moderatly complex and refreshing. This beer is better than I probably make it sound.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
dwyerpg (5365) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - APR 13, 2006
An okay saison, but I actually had a hard time finishing the bottle. A good subtly spicy aroma with a nice head. The beer is true saison style, subtle, nice, and easy to drink.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Dedollewaitor (15325) - Odense, DENMARK - APR 12, 2006
UPDATED: FEB 20, 2007 yellow golden with fine white head. A bit of fruit and a lively carbonation makes this very fresh and overall pleasant. Yeast & citrus! Easy drinkable. Has a great finsih! Another great wallonian saison brew!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
MonsterMash (58) - North Tonowanda, New York, USA - APR 7, 2006
UPDATED: APR 8, 2006 Maybe I had built up my expectations too much. A beer from a place called "Wallonia" truly peaked my interest. It looked good and smelled wonderful but the taste was a huge letdown. Tasted like a normal, light, euro lager. Thereís a possibility my bottle was bad as there was a pretty strong sourness to it. Iíll try another in the future and change my score if itís better.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
bluevegie (3070) - Perth, AUSTRALIA - APR 7, 2006
1000th Rating!! WooHoo!! A thick white head which almost filled the glass sat on top of a murky yellow body. Head was tightly beaded, dense and left delightful rings of lacing. Spice, cloves, cheese, citrus and a touch of alcohol on the nose. Unfiltered taste gave a chalky texture with flavours of pepper, yeast, citrus and a dry light bitter finish, the body is thin enough to make it easy to quench your thirst and then keep on drinking and drinking. I Didnít think I liked Saisons but I certainly loved this one.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
bgburdman9 (861) - Kettering, Ohio, USA - APR 2, 2006
Poured a cloudy yellowish gold color with a thick white head that lasted for a very long time. I could not detect what the aroma was after the pour but as it warmed it had an aroma similar to a white beer. The taste seemed to have a little citrus and maybe some coriander but with a little dry funkiness. This was my first saison and I think after future tastings this style could grow on me.