overall
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 1226   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.55   EST. CALORIES: 122   ABV: 4.05%
It took 2 years of brewing, tasting and testing to come up with the final recipe for Sam Adams Light. We focused on brewing a flavorful, high quality beer with a light-bodied taste and fewer calories. Sam Adams Light is a unique beer, itís not a lighter version of our Boston Lager. Sam Adams Light is the only light beer that uses no adjuncts and a traditional brewing process to ensure a balance of flavor and light-bodied taste. No other domestic light beer uses only the four classic ingredients of beer: pure water, lager yeast, Noble hops and barley malt. The quality ingredients that make up Sam Adams Light include two-row malt and some of the most expensive hops in the world, Spalt Spalter Noble hops. At 128 calories, Sam Adams Light features a clean finish and no aftertaste.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
mnmike (1015) - Minnesota, USA - APR 18, 2013
Bottle at a bowling alley. I appreciate the non adjuct recipe here. Give me my calories and extra taste any day though

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Alextricity (509) - Michigan, USA - MAR 20, 2013
I was at a friendís house and he no one was going to be drinking his S.A. Lights, so I drank the two that were left. Since I drank them out of the bottle, I didnít get to see how it looked, but I have seen pictures ... for a "light" beer, this 120 calorie Sam Adams has a fairly deep amber color, which isnít often seen in light beers. The smell seemed iron-like to me, but this is more than likely due to the fact that I had it straight from the bottle. I canít really comment on it, so I just gave it a 3... Unfair? DEAL with it. The taste and mouthfeel ... among the best light beers Iíve ever tasted. As others have said, itís quite a bit like Yuengling, maybe with a bit more carbonation. This also has more flavor than Yuengling, but Sam Adams is never cheap, while Yuengling is. Again, Iím reviewing this as it compares to other light beers, not beers as a whole. If I saw this sitting around -- like I did today -- Iíd drink it. I really enjoy it, especially considering I donít normally like light beers. But for the price, I wouldnít be able to justify paying upwards of $10 for a 6-pack of this beer. Still, pretty good.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
dlbeer (694) - Wisconsin, USA - MAR 4, 2013
Bottle. Yellow pour with white head. Smells of malt and very slight hops. Not bad but nothing special. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
DedicatedToFun (2157) - Santa Monica, California, USA - FEB 18, 2013
very light, nothing to write home about, smooth lager but thats about it, cheap and part of variety pack

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 7/20
optemoz (171) - Apex, North Carolina, USA - JAN 29, 2013
I poured this one super cold from the freezer. Dark amber color, not much head. Because of the temp, the nose wasnít strong. Tastes like a watered down Sam. This is a great session beer if you donít want the crappy alternatives like Bud Light.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Lemke10 (752) - Waukesha, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 23, 2013
This light beer from Sam Adams definetly has a lighter taste than the Boston Lager or Boston Ale, but it is still very well made. At 4% alcohol it still is a tasty beer and delivers the lighter contents without sacrificing taste. If you are a Bud Light/ Miller Lite drinker, give this a try!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
AndyW68 (1029) - Louisville, Kentucky, USA - JAN 21, 2013
Orange pour. I donít think it is the lighting. Aroma of malt and hops. Similar flavor.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
DCLawyer (1358) - Falls Church, Virginia, USA - JAN 18, 2013
Bottle->shaker. Ligjht amber with faint white head. Bread and malt. Thin. Weak,but better than all the other light beers.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
maxwelldeux (3452) - Everett, Washington, USA - JAN 14, 2013
Bottle. Pours a clear amber color with a moderate white head. Nose is a little skunky on this. Taste is similar with heavy malt tones to it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
60minuteman (694) - Frazer, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 31, 2012
Pale malts, corn, yeast, barley and a hint of sweetness. Thin body, not much to this beverage.