overall
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 1231   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.55   EST. CALORIES: 122   ABV: 4.05%
It took 2 years of brewing, tasting and testing to come up with the final recipe for Sam Adams Light. We focused on brewing a flavorful, high quality beer with a light-bodied taste and fewer calories. Sam Adams Light is a unique beer, itís not a lighter version of our Boston Lager. Sam Adams Light is the only light beer that uses no adjuncts and a traditional brewing process to ensure a balance of flavor and light-bodied taste. No other domestic light beer uses only the four classic ingredients of beer: pure water, lager yeast, Noble hops and barley malt. The quality ingredients that make up Sam Adams Light include two-row malt and some of the most expensive hops in the world, Spalt Spalter Noble hops. At 128 calories, Sam Adams Light features a clean finish and no aftertaste.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
troopie (2291) - Munchen an der Willamette, Oregon, USA - JUL 4, 2013
Not a premium. Sam, stick to real beers. Pale yellow colour wit thin white head, almost no lacing. Flavour is almost nothing, a ghost of a malt. Pale and faint finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
kaser (3025) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUN 23, 2013
Poured into plastic cup at Omaha airport. Reddish color. No aroma. Sweet and malty flavor. For a light beer decent flavor. Sucks compared to non lights obviously

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
berniecarbo (148) - Holliston, Massachusetts, USA - JUN 19, 2013
UPDATED: JUL 9, 2013 If you have to drink a light, this is the one, absolutly the best Light beer out there. Pours amber, strong malts, medium body, actually tastes like beer, canít say that about Bud, Coors or Amstel

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
boozedude (1940) - Des Moines, Iowa, USA - JUN 16, 2013
Bottle into glass light yellow pour..thin white head... malts and light carbonation.. Just barely ok

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
robloc303 (268) - Erie, Colorado, USA - MAY 7, 2013
Pours golden amber, nose is malty, and caramel is dominant. Very light in body, mild maltyness, caramel and some nice milk chocolate flavors come through. Drinks like a good amber ale. Love this!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
mnmike (1034) - Minnesota, USA - APR 18, 2013
Bottle at a bowling alley. I appreciate the non adjuct recipe here. Give me my calories and extra taste any day though

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Alextricity (509) - Michigan, USA - MAR 20, 2013
I was at a friendís house and he no one was going to be drinking his S.A. Lights, so I drank the two that were left. Since I drank them out of the bottle, I didnít get to see how it looked, but I have seen pictures ... for a "light" beer, this 120 calorie Sam Adams has a fairly deep amber color, which isnít often seen in light beers. The smell seemed iron-like to me, but this is more than likely due to the fact that I had it straight from the bottle. I canít really comment on it, so I just gave it a 3... Unfair? DEAL with it. The taste and mouthfeel ... among the best light beers Iíve ever tasted. As others have said, itís quite a bit like Yuengling, maybe with a bit more carbonation. This also has more flavor than Yuengling, but Sam Adams is never cheap, while Yuengling is. Again, Iím reviewing this as it compares to other light beers, not beers as a whole. If I saw this sitting around -- like I did today -- Iíd drink it. I really enjoy it, especially considering I donít normally like light beers. But for the price, I wouldnít be able to justify paying upwards of $10 for a 6-pack of this beer. Still, pretty good.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
dlbeer (834) - Wisconsin, USA - MAR 4, 2013
Bottle. Yellow pour with white head. Smells of malt and very slight hops. Not bad but nothing special. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
DedicatedToFun (2951) - Santa Monica, California, USA - FEB 18, 2013
very light, nothing to write home about, smooth lager but thats about it, cheap and part of variety pack

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 7/20
optemoz (171) - Apex, North Carolina, USA - JAN 29, 2013
I poured this one super cold from the freezer. Dark amber color, not much head. Because of the temp, the nose wasnít strong. Tastes like a watered down Sam. This is a great session beer if you donít want the crappy alternatives like Bud Light.