overall

RATINGS: 4201   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.22   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Torrefacto (847) - Madrid, SPAIN - JAN 8, 2015
Cobrizo limpio con espuma blanca poco consistente. Aromas florales de intensidad media y de fondo malta. Cuerpo ligero, sabor lúpulo, floral y ligeramente cítrico con final de amargor débil y seco.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
massingasetta (364) - München, GERMANY - JAN 5, 2015
Wow! This is indeed a surprise, a malty tasty US beer that is not Budweieresque. I knew I could trust the Boastonians. A wonderful initial taste, aroma and finish. This is brew art in practise with a relatively common beer. I take my hat off and bow.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Blastomorpha (23) - - JAN 5, 2015
Good looking orange with a thick white head in the glass. Strong touches of citrus and rust, nice bitter aftertaste, combined with the restrained alcoholic content this should make the beer enjoyable in the hot season too. I expected more honestly, it’s a nice simple beer though a style that I don’t particulary love.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
BassMan49 (8) - New Mexico, USA - JAN 2, 2015 does not count
I really like this beer. It is much better than most American beers out there and it is not your run of the mill type. Great with most foods I call the Friday night specials. Your fish frys, grilled chicken, nacho’s and this beer in your hand makes for a good evening.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
uckelman (366) - Durham, ENGLAND - DEC 30, 2014
12oz can on a Delta flight to Boston. Pours with colossal amount of cream-colored head. Wheaty aroma and flavor. Medium bitter, not sweet.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Chopper925 (280) - Gross Gerau, GERMANY - DEC 30, 2014
Bottle. Coppery golden color, medium white head. Malty caramel nose. Light sweet, bitter taste. Medium to thick texture, average to flat carbonation. Large Malty aftertaste, with citrus, flpral Aromas.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
shaynsawchuk (639) - Mississauga, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 29, 2014
473 mL can. Pours amber with a frothy white head. Gentle sweet, crackery malts on the nose, some mild Old World hop spice and wood tones. Light caramel, toast and a touch of apple sauce. Sweet, with a lightly bittered back end. Moderate bodied with a full mouth feel and a lingering finish. Premium domestic style lager done right.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
LuckyDog (614) - - DEC 28, 2014
This is a basic, inoffensive lager. Nothing wrong with it, but not exciting.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Beardbeerman (242) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - DEC 28, 2014
A classic American beer which I was able to get at my local spot. 355ml bottle chilled served in a pilsner glass right out of the fridge: Pours a clear bronze/copper robe with vivid carbs and about two fingers of foamy head. Retention wasn’t impressive but I did get some nice spotted lacing on the rim of my glass. The nose is subtle with some grains and malts. There is a spicy/clovy element. Simply put the nose doesn’t really give any hints of how the brew will be on the tongue. Taking a sip, you first get the grain with a quite strong barley kick quickly making way for a hoppy uppercut racing to the back of the palate. The brew shows a mostly watery structure but does score points for its finale of nice vapory/stingy hops. Overall I was happy to get my hands on this classic and add it to my collection. I wouldn’t say it an awesome lager for I thought the hops and barley were a bit overpowering the malts, but I’d describe this beer as accessible and refreshing. Cheers!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Cluniac (69) - - DEC 26, 2014
One if my favorite standard lager readily available in the us. Surely no where near the class of stronger belgian style ales which are my favorites. However far better than cheap american beers