overall

RATINGS: 4057   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.21   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
evinal (48) - Mattapoisett, Massachusetts, USA - JAN 8, 2004
Not my first choice, but its my only choice on so many occasions, what would i drink without it. My first real beer. Thanks for that!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
willblake (2652) - Bel Air, Maryland, USA - JAN 8, 2004
A better than average American lager, so readily available that it makes a good standby beer when you're stuck eating out at a chain or local tavern. Clean amber color, light orchard-flowery aroma. It seems to have changed a lot over the years, losing some of its character, but I suppose that's an evil of massive popularity. I'm never too sad if this is the only alternative offered to B/M/C, in fact, this is one that got me off the American Standards in the first place.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
GrainBeltGuzzler (249) - Goodhue, Minnesota, USA - JAN 6, 2004
Don't really recall particularly what I didn't like about this beer I just recall that the taste of it disgusted me thoroughly

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
firemedic713 (169) - Palm Bay, Florida, USA - JAN 6, 2004
Ok for a macro. Clear yellow to amber pour. Not the best nose but not awful. Medium to full body. This was second time trying and it grew on me a bit.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
DYCSoccer17 (3320) - Woodland, California, USA - JAN 5, 2004
Pours a transparent apple juice color with a 2.0 cm off-white head. Aroma is sweet with some mild hoppy notes in there. Start is smooth turning sweet, then ends with some mild hoppy bitterness. Mouthfeel is good. This really isnt horrible stuff, despite the fact it is macro.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
rudolf (2341) - Buffalo, New York, USA - JAN 4, 2004
Sour alcohol smell. Big head in the glass. Malty with a tiny bit of hops

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
sdfink (30) - Aiken, South Carolina, USA - JAN 4, 2004
Sweet but reasonably full body. Slight head. Light taste. Slight malt taste.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
DatFlycat (12) - Los Gatos, California, USA - JAN 3, 2004
I'm not sure if my mouth has changed or if the beer has. Seems to me 10 yrs ago when this wasn't quite the juggernaut it is today, it was a quality almost-mega-brew. Of late, however, it has become reliably bitter and tinny, to my disappointment. There are still sweet undertones in the body, but the aftertaste has become impalatably bitter. Tis a shame as I'm worried the Winter Lager is following the mainline lager's lead.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
invalid (302) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - JAN 1, 2004
Dark lager with white head. Sweet crystal malt flavor with a hint of nice hops. Every time I have one I get surprised how much I like it.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Zeswaft (1370) - Seattle, Washington, USA - DEC 31, 2003
Solid lager with a gentle hop flavor and good malt. It really is never a decision. Not as much sophistication as the Boston Ale though.