overall

RATINGS: 4306   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.22/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
PullMeABeer (203) - Phoenix, Arizona, USA - NOV 10, 2004
Bottle. This beer is really pretty good. Pours amber, with a nice full tall head. Nice and malty with hints of coriander, light citrus(orange), other spices, and little hop bight in the finish. Medium mouth feel, very drinkable.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
apost8n8 (123) - USA - NOV 8, 2004
Unfortunately this is the best on tap at many resteraunts I frequent. Certainly drinkable though. Amber with white head that disapates quickly. Average hop, average malt with slightly sour finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Styles (2014) - Lincoln Park, Michigan, USA - NOV 8, 2004
My first rating. Figured play it safe/with what I know. Pours amber with a thick head. Ok lacing. Strong hops taste with slight bitterness at the end. Always a standby in bars.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
IHCNavistar (93) - Orinda, California, USA - NOV 7, 2004
Bottle. Aroma is sweet, like a weizen, but with faint hints of hops. Pours a light golden color. Head is thick and creamy, with an off-white color that fades fast. Taste is bitter, with hints of coffe and hops. Bitter, but relatively watery. Overall, a moderate-to-exceptional beer. Repeat buy. Carbonaion is quite light, a little too light for a beer. Possibly a repeat buy.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
FROTHINGSLOSH (5973) - GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 6, 2004
UPDATED: MAR 11, 2014 I feel ashamed to have taken this long to get around to rating this beer. I have beer drinking this beer for years. Not regularly perhaps, but frequently enough that I should have gotten around to this earlier. Often this beer remains the best beer I can find when dining at the national chain restaurants. Sampled from a 12 oz brown bottle this old friend pours a copper color with a small white head. The aroma is sour and rather hoppy. The flavor is light sour malt with a hint of nut and a very nice hop finish. The finish is also mildly malty and bitter. The hops linger. I think sometimes that we have all had this one so many times that we tend to rate it a little lower than it should be. Granted there are far better beers in this world. But this remains a good beer, and for many of us a gateway into a finer beer universe.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
johnyvt (158) - West Hollywood, California, USA - NOV 5, 2004
UPDATED: JAN 30, 2005 Perhaps it is a personal thing, but this beer was too sweet for me. Could be stronger, but is much less watery than most beers produced on this scale. More complex as well, notes of caramel, tea, wood. I found it became better as the hops became apparent in the finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
jdsyversen (3) - Sarpsborg, NORWAY - NOV 1, 2004 does not count
Bottle 0,33l: Brown colour, good head and good foam, little carbonation. It had a nice aroma, fruity. Balanced taste, but a strange aftertaste, couldn’t put my finger on what it was... strange. The overall feel is a little below medium.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Enniskillen (2044) - Salinas, California, USA - OCT 31, 2004
I guess it’s time to finally rate this. It’s a good lager for a macro brew, not too watery, pretty sweet like tea, malt. Almost a subdued caramel taste to it. Could be better if they stepped it up a notch, but it could be a ton worse.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
dornoy (701) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - OCT 31, 2004
Low off-white head and dark yellow body, the taste is malty but well-balanced so. Nice for a Lager. If I had only lagers to choose from, this one would definitely be on my shortlist.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
mjg74 (2910) - La Mesa, California, USA - OCT 30, 2004
I’ve always been a fan of this brew. It’s was like a gateway beer for me. It helped me realize that there are more than just the macro swill out there. I haven’t had it in some time. Still tastes good.