overall

RATINGS: 4217   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.22   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
eboats (1082) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - JUN 15, 2004
UPDATED: NOV 1, 2004 Samuel Adams...always a good decision. I have had a lot of this beer, and it is great beer to get drunk on. Not too harsh, but has enough taste to keep your interest. Dry finish that leaves you wanting more. Goes well with a variety of foods. Probably the best beer that is available pretty much everywhere.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
robertsreality (2460) - Minnesota, USA - JUN 14, 2004
If you’re going the lager route, this isn’t the worst out there...but I wouldn’t drink it again....another low on flavor.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
arjoseph (641) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUN 10, 2004
UPDATED: JUL 15, 2004 From tap in a pint. I didn’t see it poured, but by the time it got to me, the small head was almost all diminished. Golden amber as advertised, I didn’t get much of an aroma (a little bit of the floral others mentioned, but I might have imagined it). The taste, to me, was somwhat fruity, like green grapes or black cherry, with just enough acidity and wateriness to make it refreshing. The finish wasn’t much, but that’s where I tasted the hops. Not too complex, but in no way offensive.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
shameusburp (171) - Virginia, USA - JUN 9, 2004
When I’m at a bar that only serves macros, I always take a Sam’s. In my macro days it was an over the top brew.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
fly (1429) - austin, Tejas, Alabama, USA - JUN 9, 2004
This has never been a beer I’ve fancied. And I’ve tried it so many times to see if I can figure out why. While it is all so obviously heads above the swill, it comes across as pedestrian to me. Maybe someone will be able to lead me to find and say what element there is that I don’t like.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
piscator34 (2117) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - JUN 9, 2004
An amber beer wich strikes a good balance between sweet malt and herbal hops. It’s nothing remarkable, but it would make a great starting point for people trying to get into "good beer", as it’s a step up from most macros.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Goodfella (60) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - JUN 8, 2004
I just started drinking this stuff and it left me with a bad after taste. Overall I was not impressed by this beer. A bad bitter tasting lager, Crap!!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
beanmedic (347) - Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 6, 2004
Not bad. i’d say average for a lager. there is nothing outstanding here, but its drinkable.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
ilovetrappist (23) - Round Rock, Texas, USA - JUN 4, 2004
12 oz. bottle poured into a tulip glass; Amber hue almost copper in appearance. 1/2 finger head that quickly dissapates after pouring. Stringy lace that also dissapates rather quickly. Not much aroma that is hoppy and a hint of orange. Tastes of honey, rye bread, and orange with a moderate amount of hops and malt. Coats the tongue but is dry towards the end I like the palate of this beer for this particular style of beer. One of the better Lagers I’ve had. One of the better lagers around and definately my favorite American lager.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
sayravai (4691) - Helsinki, FINLAND - JUN 4, 2004
(Tapped) Light amber color with a small head. Quite hoppy, even spicy, sweetish aroma. Very hoppy (aromatic) and flowery flavor. Bitter, crisp and slicky, light to medium-bodied palate with quite low carbonation. A very nicely and heavily hopped, refreshing and crisp summer brew.