overall

RATINGS: 4045   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.21   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
scoobyluv (504) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - AUG 24, 2003
my first time having a sammy. i was expecting more cuz i had heard some much about it. i was disappointed. however, it was much better than the other mass produced schwag i usually drink.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
FtWorthBrew (105) - Fort Worth, Texas, USA - AUG 20, 2003
Not bad as far as mass produced comercial beers go. Starts off with a strong nutty flavour and quickly disiates to nothing but a "cheap beer" after taste; unfortunate, but drinkable if there is nothing else around.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
happy4hops (376) - Bel Air, Maryland, USA - AUG 19, 2003
UPDATED: SEP 29, 2003 I really like this beer and I'm not sure if it used to be better a few years ago but it wouldn't surprise me.Either way I still love this beer.The best "advertised beer"(eww yuk).Fat head/good lace/great hop aroma/Malt fest that is unique and enjoyable yet overfilling.3.5 on draft/3.0 in bottles.On draft it's the real thing.The bottles are cooked a bit.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
maxwellplum (54) - USA - AUG 17, 2003
I'm not a lager fan, they serve to quench my thirst only. But this is a lager I would request, it's nicely hopped, more than I expected from a lager, and the nutty flavor is also a pleasant surprise for me. It's a good brew.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
dwyerpg (4528) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - AUG 14, 2003
Beautiful orange-red, with a tasty yet quick disappearing head. Very hoppy yet has a weak finish. Reminds me very much of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, but not quite as strong or good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
drewcifer85710 (158) - Youngstown, Ohio, USA - AUG 10, 2003
Nice amber color. Noticed hints of spices all through this backed up by a sweet nutty flavor. I'd have expected less from any lager. Really pretty damn good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
amx83 (29) - Brampton, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 8, 2003
I heard good things about this beer but I was unimpressed. Nice brown/amber colour and nutty aroma. Sweet nutty taste in the beginning, but too much of a bitter finish for my liking.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 15/20
garrison (769) - Cin. city, Ohio, USA - AUG 5, 2003
UPDATED: NOV 27, 2005 Not bad for a local (made in Cincinnati, Ohio) brew... still, there are better lagers out there.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Sigmund (5089) - Tau, NORWAY - AUG 4, 2003
(Bottle). Amber/deep golden colour, good head. Smells and tastes like a cross-breed between an ale and a lager. Flowery perfumed aroma (not unpleasant), malty flavour (a tad too sweet), plenty of bitterness in the aftertaste - but COMPLEX is not the word I would use. Decent (and of course infinitely better than the BMC stuff), but I'm sure there are better American beers out there.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
monkeyman (57) - Alabama, USA - AUG 3, 2003
Best by 09-(presumably)03. What is it about this stuff? An incredibly schizophrenic juxtaposition of what may be Cascade and Saaz hops in a lager? Bland anoymous malts. Whatever the intent, this stuff always makes me pucker and I seldom have another.