overall

RATINGS: 3933   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.21   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
coopec (20) - Portland, Connecticut, USA - JAN 3, 2003
This is my staple lager, when I can’t choose I pick up Sammy and enjoy each bottle. No surprises, classic lager palate great aroma and looks great in the pint glass

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
DOdubble (92) - UVA, Virginia, USA - JAN 2, 2003
Very delicious and complex, yet still smooth.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
tex (52) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JAN 2, 2003
This beer is a beautiful pour, but I think it’s pretty middle of the road as far as flavor and quality. I think it’s a great beer by which to rate other beers. Fairly distinct aroma, great amber color, and a bitterish sparkling taste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
heykevin (1273) - Decorah, Iowa, USA - JAN 1, 2003
Relatively nice hallertau aroma. Malt character is fair with some thinness and faint funk. Hops are fair, but understated.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Vikingbeau (67) - Albertville, Minnesota, USA - DEC 31, 2002
She is an orange amber in color...she gives good head and leaves lots of lace. She has a hoppy flavored snatch with a mild finish. Solid.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
dev (50) - Savannah, Missouri, USA - DEC 29, 2002
I was really looking forward to this beer after reading all the fine reviews. It really looked good in the glass, nice color and good head. Then I smelled it. It smelled like paint. It tasted like a mixture of paint and soap. Now I know how they got the color and head, red paint and soap. Needless to say, I was very dissapointed. I did try another to see if it was just this bottle. Tasted the same. Gave the rest to my son in law.He said the same thing. Very dissappointed.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
homerman (40) - Clinton, Iowa, USA - DEC 29, 2002
I was much impressed by the beautifull malt flavor. The head was full and frothy. the hops left me wanting more. P.V.B. gave me my first bottle. Thanks Paul.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
chrisfor (10) - USA - DEC 28, 2002
Great taste and after taste. Still a favorite of mine and always will be.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
zygomatic99 (17) - Little Rock, Arkansas, USA - DEC 28, 2002
Man I like this beer. Even though this stuff is moving into the mass produced arena, Boston Beer has stayed true to the original. Very consistently good beer from the tap or in the bottle. Nice ever-so-slightly bitter front end with a sweet palatability to it. Pretty dry on the aftertaste. This is a good beer, and it is now widely available.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
freekyp (1463) - Thomasville, North Carolina, USA - DEC 28, 2002
UPDATED: DEC 4, 2010 I cannot help comparing every lager I drink to Sam Adams. It was the first ’real’ beer I tried. Always a great tap beer. Suffers more than most from the bottle. Spicy hop flavor. Nice noble twang in the spicy fade. Good food pairing beer as it works with just about everything.