overall

RATINGS: 4040   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.21   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
elsberry (87) - North Carolina, USA - JAN 10, 2003
It’s a good beer, but has a lingering aftertaste that makes me unable to finish more than about three at a time. Good color, very good head. A good ale, with some complexity. Very malty, with a definitive hops aroma. Of the American ales, it’s not too bad.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Steak (124) - New York, USA - JAN 9, 2003
I view this beer as a landmark in the development of beer. For me, it was the beer that introduced me to the "other world" of beers so different from the Bud and Labatt’s I had been drinking. Unfortunately, being just the introduction that it is, it is not comparable to the best beers around, just as Bud really isn’t comparable to this. That being said, it’s decently malty with a medium body and little in the hops or aromatics department. It does unfortunately suffer from over-carbonation, but it is brewed in massive quantities...not that that is an excuse. What is there to say....it is so exquisitely middle of the road in the beer world.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
JohnC (3000) - Mission Viejo, California, USA - JAN 7, 2003
Clear amber color w/ a long lasting head. Very nice appearance. Good aroma. Very simple, typical lager flavor. I’m not big on lagers, but this one is palatable

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Schroppfy (2360) - Łódż, Warsaw, Poland; Michigan, Ohio, USA - JAN 7, 2003
First time rating this....hmmmm...I got it for free at the bowling alley, where I had the three kids all by my myself, trying to get them to bowl. The bartender thought I needed it! A passable lager, fairly clean atthe finish and when warm. Fair lager malty nose.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Superstar (45) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JAN 7, 2003
Pretty decent, and easy to drink. Has kind of a funky/acidic aftertaste though.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Raaha (67) - Michigan, USA - JAN 6, 2003
Had a robust hops, and malts aroma. Not a bad lager. Not my favorite beer though. Sticking with the ales, and pilsners.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
TipsyMcStager (1139) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - JAN 6, 2003
malty fruity aroma, pours copper-brown and has a nice head. First sip gives you a bitter blast. As you continue it becomes maltier and smoother and the hops diminishes. Slight alcohol taste at the end. Tastes more like and irish ale than a lager. Refreshing.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
coopec (20) - Portland, Connecticut, USA - JAN 3, 2003
This is my staple lager, when I can’t choose I pick up Sammy and enjoy each bottle. No surprises, classic lager palate great aroma and looks great in the pint glass

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
DOdubble (92) - UVA, Virginia, USA - JAN 2, 2003
Very delicious and complex, yet still smooth.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
tex (52) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JAN 2, 2003
This beer is a beautiful pour, but I think it’s pretty middle of the road as far as flavor and quality. I think it’s a great beer by which to rate other beers. Fairly distinct aroma, great amber color, and a bitterish sparkling taste.