overall

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Eyedrinkale (3213) - Astoria, New York, USA - JAN 25, 2003

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
YnotABeer (96) - Missouri, USA - JAN 24, 2003
UPDATED: MAR 29, 2003 Very nice, had from keg, good light brown color with little head yet decent lacing. A little bitter (left me wanting to try the ale) but tasty going down and leaves you wanting more.

1.3
   AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
nickz521 (3) - USA - JAN 22, 2003 does not count
i had this at ruby tuesdays it was very harsh and bitter

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 9/20
redlem (1306) - Ohio, USA - JAN 22, 2003
I generally enjoy lagers but I did not care for the taste of this. A little to musky for me. If I want a malt flavor I would drink a Scottish ale. If I want bitter an ESB. I was expecting more for the price.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Wiseblood (700) - Clarksville, Tennessee, USA - JAN 22, 2003
Bright amber color. Moderate body and bitterness. Toasty character with earthy notes and bitter hop flavors in the finish. Assertive and tasty beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - JAN 20, 2003
I love this beer. Alway have always will. This is my fridge stocker. I just cannot say how much I love Sam Adams. A great frothy head with a great rounded out mixture of malt and hops, that leaves you with a fulfilling aftertaste making you want to smoke a cigarette and order another.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
badgerben (4502) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - JAN 19, 2003
For the eightieth time, I'm not a fan of lagers in general. That said, this one is ok.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Verne (263) - Enumclaw, Washington, USA - JAN 17, 2003
UPDATED: JAN 18, 2003 A good beer of its type. The beer snob in me makes me want to pick on it but really its fine stuff not everyone needs an IPA or Imperial stout. Medium light body, mild malt flavor with a equally mild hop profile it’s a well made beer. Maybe a little bland for most of us beer geeks but to the average man it’s a great introduction to good beer

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
JahNoth (1039) - Rochester, New York, USA - JAN 17, 2003
UPDATED: DEC 1, 2003 At one point in my life, this was the beer that turned be on to beers with more flavor. That was many years ago. Now I find this to be quite average . Sour smelling with a strong malt flavor for a lager and mildly spicy finish. Better than some macros - full body is a bonus. Oh yeah, new label is totally lame.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20