overall

RATINGS: 4106   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.21   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
rauchbier (3634) - Isle Of Beer, Lincolnshire, ENGLAND - JAN 8, 2002
Massive hop aroma, looks like orval,tastes like an ale. Is this realy an american lager?

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
40oz (181) - Newport Beach, California, USA - JAN 7, 2002
Hoppy aroma. Clean slightly malty, slightly bitter taste. This is a good lager that resembles an ale in taste.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Fantomasus (229) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JAN 7, 2002
Good but dull. A quality product and a good way to introduce an ignorant buddy to ’good’ beer.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
ribrewmaster99 (11) - Warwick, Rhode Island, USA - DEC 31, 2001
One of the best mass produced beers in the US. A nice medium bodied American Lager, Very well balanced flavor, with a very nice copper color and great hop (Tettnang?) aroma. Slightly better on tap. A great every day beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
NYDennis (64) - Port Jefferson Station, New York, USA - DEC 29, 2001
My beer of choice in local bars that don’t carry other beers I like. I have gotten a few that have been skunky over the years but it is still drinkable. Great beer to drink. Nice label design also a plus to me.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Dragonblaze99 (354) - Greater London, ENGLAND - DEC 29, 2001
One of the better American lagers I’ve tried. Nice robust body, good aromatic hops, well-balanced malts, and a pleasant palate. Unfortunately the overdone yeastiness detracts from the whole, making it less pleasant than it would be otherwise.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Balthazar (86) - Clinton, Massachusetts, USA - DEC 28, 2001
I was surprised that the hype about this lager was pretty much reliable. Good flavor... good beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Norton (329) - Southside, Richmond, Virginia, USA - DEC 28, 2001
A good ’gateway’ beer I first started drinking in ’92 or so... a lot of other ’microbrews’ have extremely similar tastes. Nice texture and gravity for such a (now) mass produced beer. A bit bloaty on the tummy but this is no doubt a nice beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Jedsbrew (465) - Rhineland, Missouri, USA - DEC 22, 2001
Jim Koch has been on the radio around here lately hawking this beer, so I thought I’d try it. Looks great, but other than that I’m disappointed. Has its good points (nice hops) but is too molassesy for me. I’d like to try it on tap. Maybe it’s just me, but the last time I drank this it seemed better. Peculiar aftertaste.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
noer1 (109) - Massachusetts, USA - DEC 8, 2001
This beer makes me ashamed to be from Boston!