overall

Strange Brew (157) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 12, 2001

1.1
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Einned99 (61) - Rozenburg, NETHERLANDS - AUG 12, 2001
Hmm, this one really sucks

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
jayme9874 (756) - Hamburg, New York, USA - AUG 10, 2001
Didnt give it an official rating, but was fishing one day and had a bottle passed to me..but it had a very decent malt profile, nice malty aroma,some nice hoppiness and finished very smooth..a damn good ’mass produced’ lager.

motnot (8) - USA - AUG 9, 2001 does not count
The first beer I ever had. The Boston Lager is almost dark enough to be an amber, and just as tasty. I didn’t want to give this beer a perfect rating, but upon drinking my first since joining this site, I had no choice. Boston Lager is a multifaceted beer, from the first whiff to the first taste to the final swig. Rich, creamy, bitter, yet perfectly balanced on the tongue. If I had to drink one beer for the rest of my life, this would be it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
titan99 (24) - USA - AUG 7, 2001
I do find myself drinking this more often than I would like. Many of the people I know are yuppies and a dead revolutionary on the label of a beer makes it a status symbol. I still prefer yuengling if I need something to swig at a party.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
booyaatribe (453) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - AUG 7, 2001

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
Delbomber (387) - Philadelphia, USA - AUG 2, 2001
Not overly impressive, this is still a step above most other North American lagers. Nice light brown color and no grainy tastes are both a plus. However, it is slightly more hoppy than I like a lager to be, so I wouldn’t exactly describe it as refreshing. A winner nonetheless. I, too, have noticed a soapy taste from time to time.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
SNIAT (120) - Passaic, New Jersey, USA - AUG 1, 2001
Very good beer, with a good strong hops, malt flavor. Wish I drank it more, but with so much out there....

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Osmin99 (120) - Bloomington, Indiana, USA - AUG 1, 2001

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
nrime99 (13) - USA - JUL 30, 2001
This once decent beer tastes like it has ’beer flavoring’ and body added to it. Somethings gone wrong here, and this beer is no longer worthy of taking up tap space.