overall

RATINGS: 4124   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.21   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
itsmax (103) - Sydney, AUSTRALIA - DEC 2, 2001
Loved it. Good value for money here. An almost citrus initial taste, but does grow on you. Good colour, and easy head.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
HarmonKill-a-Brew (407) - Wilmar, Arkansas, USA - DEC 2, 2001
This is good beer. And it is affordable too. Over time it has become one of my favorites and a mainstay in my fridge.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 9/20
ted99 (10) - USA - DEC 2, 2001
one of my favorite standby beers.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
Elcarion99 (21) - Tampa, Florida, USA - NOV 29, 2001
This is one of my favorite beers on draft. I don’t typically drink it in the bottle.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
lagerman99 (66) - USA - NOV 28, 2001
This is one of my favorite beers - your basic decent malt for good clean drinking fun.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
MilkmanDan (1943) - Eagan, Minnesota, USA - NOV 27, 2001
It’s a standard lager. Lacks any particular hoppy bite, but definite hops in the flavor. Just missing something. No particular lingering malts in the finish, it’s just an average beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
JMerritt (1851) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - NOV 26, 2001
Typical lager aroma and color. Flavor had something strange I couldn’t put my finger on. For some strange reason, it reminded me of baked beans...you got me. Average.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
soulrefugee (46) - Illinois, USA - NOV 25, 2001
I love this beer for how well it performs compared to how much I pay for it. It has the quality of some german or U.K. brews, but costs a good bit less. Its just as thick, hearty, and tasty as many of the european beers, and reminds me alot of some of the ’Octoberfest’ style beers they sell from germany. These are not those super thick strong beers, but are a bit lighter than that, yet way heartier than beers like Bud and Fosters. I picked this beer last, since it seemed like the biggest seller, I assumed that meant it would taste the most like a mainstream beer such as Bud. I was wrong, this is one of my favorites, if not my very favorite from Samuel Adam’s beers.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
Puss Gutt99 (206) - Oldtown, Florida, USA - NOV 24, 2001
the finish had some bite but overall pretty good

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Aurelius (4444) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - NOV 20, 2001
UPDATED: FEB 9, 2004 Orange-amber, tall head which lasts. Yeasty & hoppy nose, with caramel tones. Buttery amber malt flavor with zesty hopping. Clingy mouth, though I suspect that the palate has been enhanced deliberately with finings gel.