overall

RATINGS: 4179   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.22   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Mlkluther (47) - Alberta, CANADA - JUL 24, 2013
341 bottle. Poured into a pilsner glass with 1 finger of head and left some lacing. It has a darker golden colour than many lagers. Again, comparing to other lagers it has more flavour. Clear and crisp. Some citrus which I find refreshing in a lager. Better than most of the mass produced lagers. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
soulrefugee (46) - Illinois, USA - NOV 25, 2001
I love this beer for how well it performs compared to how much I pay for it. It has the quality of some german or U.K. brews, but costs a good bit less. Its just as thick, hearty, and tasty as many of the european beers, and reminds me alot of some of the ’Octoberfest’ style beers they sell from germany. These are not those super thick strong beers, but are a bit lighter than that, yet way heartier than beers like Bud and Fosters. I picked this beer last, since it seemed like the biggest seller, I assumed that meant it would taste the most like a mainstream beer such as Bud. I was wrong, this is one of my favorites, if not my very favorite from Samuel Adam’s beers.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
pabstsfan777 (46) - Unionville, Connecticut, USA - NOV 18, 2006
UPDATED: APR 4, 2008 Simply put, the best beer I have ever had. Love it. You can not go wrong having one of these in your hand.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
revans (46) - Salem, Ohio, USA - FEB 3, 2009
Just not that into this beer. Nice color though. Taste is a bit off. But it really does nothing for me.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
BigDaddyBlues (46) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - JUN 7, 2009
Nice red gold color with a nice off-white head. A very balanced beer. It has some malt on the nose and some hop late. It is my default beer when I can’t get to a place with better selection. Not one of the worlds great beers but far better than anything coming out of the big breweries.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
XtraStout (46) - Alberta, CANADA - OCT 20, 2009
Above average score for a lager, IMHO. Drank from a bottle from the LCBO. Very nice for an American macrobrew. Goes down smooth with a nice hoppy malty finish that’s not too strong. I wish I could buy this for much cheaper up here in Canada. Perhaps I’ll pick up a case next time I’m in the States.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
hallzee (46) - Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA - JAN 13, 2011
Pored from a 355ml bottle, for the price of this i expected better, a lot of hype over a standard beer, it is nice just not standout, if it were cheaper i would session this beer, but i would rather spend my hard earned cash on something a little better.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
mlmeeks (46) - Winona, Mississippi, USA - JUN 24, 2012
I love this beer because it brought me into the craft beer world. beautiful amber color to this one. a nice head on a clear brew. the nice hop aroma from this lager is the thing that captured me.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
triplehopped (46) - - JAN 6, 2013
Pours a rich and clear amber with a medium off-white heat, heavy lacing. The aroma is floral and of citrus, caramel. Taste is moderate to heavy sweetness with a medium level of bitterness. Medium body with soft carbonation, smooth finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
ironprog (46) - - FEB 9, 2013
12 oz. bottle. Pours a clear, amber-orange with a frothy white head that lasts a long time. Aromas of citrus, grass, and hay. Taste is a bit bitter with a metallic "tinge" to it. It’s medium-bodied with a lightly creamy texture. Finish is on the dry side with a hint of orange. Carbonation is average. In my book, this one is nothing special, yet it’s good enough that I would drink it again. Pleasing, but not outstanding.