overall

RATINGS: 4362   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.22/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
cowboy7096 (64) - Arlington, Texas, USA - JAN 25, 2006
Sam Adams products have always been my fav main stream beer. I can pick them up at any local store around here and they are a decent price. I poured this from a bottle, into a pint glass. Nice amber apperance. It has a very nice dark flavor. A hard bite followed by a smooth after taste. I think the taste is better once it starts to warm, but I’m wierd. I would recommend any SA products to any level of beer lover.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
MatKool (64) - CANADA - OCT 8, 2006
Pours a copper brown in color with a short head. A little skunky in scent. Strong hop taste with an alcohol finish. Good if you like bitter lagers.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Eells (64) - Minnesota, USA - MAY 27, 2010
I think everyone at this site has tried a Sam Adams Boston Lager, no need for unnessasary details.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Vas (64) - NEW ZEALAND - JAN 31, 2011
12 oz bottle. This was recommended to me by Pintley but I’m not sure why. Without a doubt the best U.S. lager I’ve had - but that is saying very very little. Had that distinctly lager aroma, sort of clean, crisp slightly sulphurous, hint of hops. Taste was pleasantly malty in an unassuming kind of way. Some hop bitterness but not much flavour, after all the gushing about noble hops was expecting a little more. Then again this wee bottle has come a long way and hop flavour does fade. I’m not sorry I tried this but I wouldn’t buy another one.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
triplehopped (64) - - JAN 6, 2013
Pours a rich and clear amber with a medium off-white heat, heavy lacing. The aroma is floral and of citrus, caramel. Taste is moderate to heavy sweetness with a medium level of bitterness. Medium body with soft carbonation, smooth finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
Namespayne (64) - - DEC 3, 2014
12oz bottle in pint glass. Medium-Dark amber color, 4fin of tall foamy bubbly khaki head. Smells of floral hops, Tastes of hops and oak barrel. Old timey and old-towny, smooth with bitter finish. Pretty good balance of hops, which I always think is a fine quality in a standard brew. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
alexcandy (63) - Whitstable, Kent, ENGLAND - JAN 9, 2011
Aroma - citrus & hops Appearance - Honey in colour, very light head Taste - carbonated, spice, pine, alcohol Overall - I have had this a few years ago on tap and I am sure that it tasted better. I saw this in a supermarket in the UK so bought a bottle. I don’t think I am really a lager fan so I maybe not the best person to judge this. To me its just ok better than a lot of lager but I would not rush out to find another bottle.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
jimrockford (63) - San Diego, California, USA - JUN 12, 2006
12 ounce bottle, malt aroma little hops nice clean look and clean flavor nice ending

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
noy-zee (63) - Minnesota, USA - MAR 4, 2002
excellent lager, smooth drinking, great taste. one of my first choices to drink with pizza

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Dimitri99 (63) - USA - OCT 2, 2004
I like Sam Addams. It’s one of the better beers widely drank up here in Massachusetts.