RATINGS: 4382   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.22/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
NYDennis (64) - Port Jefferson Station, New York, USA - DEC 29, 2001
My beer of choice in local bars that don’t carry other beers I like. I have gotten a few that have been skunky over the years but it is still drinkable. Great beer to drink. Nice label design also a plus to me.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
StevieMSU (64) - Kentucky, USA - MAR 12, 2002
A decent lager, good tatse abd a great aroma

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
mattduling (64) - Fairmont, West Virginia, USA - JUN 7, 2002
For a macrobrew it is quite sweet with hints of bitter in the aftertaste. A complete beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
cowboy7096 (64) - Arlington, Texas, USA - JAN 25, 2006
Sam Adams products have always been my fav main stream beer. I can pick them up at any local store around here and they are a decent price. I poured this from a bottle, into a pint glass. Nice amber apperance. It has a very nice dark flavor. A hard bite followed by a smooth after taste. I think the taste is better once it starts to warm, but I’m wierd. I would recommend any SA products to any level of beer lover.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
biermensch (64) - USA - SEP 30, 2006
On tap. I do not have a problem with the success of SA. The lager is a good session beer. Nice, light amber color, not much visible carbonation, thin head. Well-balanced flavor but subdued. Available everywhere, incuding 6th barrels for home tap consumption.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
MatKool (64) - CANADA - OCT 8, 2006
Pours a copper brown in color with a short head. A little skunky in scent. Strong hop taste with an alcohol finish. Good if you like bitter lagers.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
tig397 (64) - dearborn heights, Michigan, USA - MAY 8, 2007
a good overall basic brew. sam adams didnt take any risks with this one. good for an average american beer.

djmcfar (64) - Ixonia, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 24, 2007
hoppy aroma - dark amber with light tan head - good carbination - pleasant extra hoppy taste, but not too sharp - finishes nicely with a bit of bitterness

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Eells (64) - Minnesota, USA - MAY 27, 2010
I think everyone at this site has tried a Sam Adams Boston Lager, no need for unnessasary details.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Vas (64) - NEW ZEALAND - JAN 31, 2011
12 oz bottle. This was recommended to me by Pintley but I’m not sure why. Without a doubt the best U.S. lager I’ve had - but that is saying very very little. Had that distinctly lager aroma, sort of clean, crisp slightly sulphurous, hint of hops. Taste was pleasantly malty in an unassuming kind of way. Some hop bitterness but not much flavour, after all the gushing about noble hops was expecting a little more. Then again this wee bottle has come a long way and hop flavour does fade. I’m not sorry I tried this but I wouldn’t buy another one.