overall

HeyBeerMan991980 (42) - Georgia, USA - DEC 7, 2002
Great flavor, smooth brew,

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
tjwais (42) - Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA - APR 27, 2005
If I were old enough to go to bars, I would say this would be a great bar-beer (heh heh heh...). It’s an easy drink with a good amount of hops. Malt also gives a strong sweet flavor to it as an aftertaste. I like it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
NathanJ (42) - Houston, Texas, USA - OCT 24, 2003
amber with an off white head. taste is malty with a bit of bitter balance. not very complex, but it tastes good, and goes down easy. and best of all, it's very widely availible.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
zen (41) - Long Beach, California, USA - MAR 24, 2004
Pours a nice amber, with golden hues when held up to the light. Nice head that quickly resolves to its' signature lace. Smells of hops, malt and just a hint of barley. Tastes of oily hops, minerals with just of tinge of caramel and cinnamon in the middle. A little too perky on the mouthfeel for me, but the hop finish almost forgives the slight over carbonation. This is almost a pale ale in lager clothes. Very nice bitter finish though, leaves me always wanting more. Very nice fallback, and a good "bring me" when attending parties and not wanting to seclude less sophisticated beer-drinkers. This brew has opened many doors, and has stayed pretty consistent over the years. I have a special place for this brew and can't fault it for what it is, a solid American lager. Much like the band Nirvana, that laid the groundwork for so many bands to follow, this is a modern-day classic.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
USCMustangman (41) - Seattle, Washington, USA - SEP 14, 2006
Bottle. Pours a golden-orange color with a decent head that lingered to the end. Mild hop and malt aroma. Palate is slightly thick, but not chewy. Overall a satisfying beer that hits the spot.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
danimal34 (41) - Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan, USA - NOV 18, 2006
What can I say. Best lager out there. Doesn’t taste like a macro, but is. Lager with color. Nutty and a bit malty. Two finger head, uneventful aroma.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Bitzybrew (41) - New York, New York, USA - OCT 31, 2009
Definitely drinkable. Not the most full flavored amber lager that I’ve had, Maybe if I had the boston lager glass, my impression would change.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
DirtyD79 (41) - Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 24, 2003
Not bad. I liked Oktoberfest better though. Pretty average color and virtually no aroma. But the taste was alot better than most. I wouldn't mistake this for some frat beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
zool (41) - Northampton, Massachusetts, USA - OCT 5, 2001
Good predictable and worthy American beer. When the bartender comes too quickly and I’m caught on the spot, not knowing exactly what I want, I just blurt out, ’Sam Adams!’ and everything is always just fine...

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
parkhead99 (41) - IRELAND - FEB 22, 2002
As a European I can say that this is a Quality American Beer. Bud and Miller eat your heart out