overall

RATINGS: 4021   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.21   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
titan99 (24) - USA - AUG 7, 2001
I do find myself drinking this more often than I would like. Many of the people I know are yuppies and a dead revolutionary on the label of a beer makes it a status symbol. I still prefer yuengling if I need something to swig at a party.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
hopshead (24) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - FEB 18, 2002
American beer with that European flavor. I can’t knock it...except for the price at my local Kroger’s..heck for a buck and half more I could buy serious imports. If you get the opportunity try this one on draught. It is twice as good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Philosopher99 (24) - arnold, Maryland, USA - MAR 5, 2002
Good stuff, nothing too distinctive, but solid.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
TheBelgian (24) - USA - JAN 11, 2003
Not bad. Light taste with little finish, no aftertaste. Walnut and grain flavors.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
mmmstout22 (24) - USA - APR 5, 2004
Very good. Complex hoppy flavor. Has a sweet background and is very enjoyable to drink. From this point on, when I'm looking for a beer that won't break the bank when I want to drink more than a 6 pack, this is the one I'm buyin.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
spnkyoumuch (24) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JUN 28, 2005
This one is an OK value when on sale. To me it’s more malty than anything else. Could be a bit hoppier. Drinkable and tasty. A good product, but not a truly great beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
kdrobb2k (24) - Willingboro, New Jersey, USA - AUG 30, 2006
On tap at a local chain dining place. The only choice other than the standard BMC. What a life saver! Poured a nice amber with a fluffy head in a cold mug. Hoppy with a smooth finish. . Not a world beater but it never lets you down.Always a good one to keep in the mix.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
jaysoneslick (24) - Montana, USA - OCT 4, 2006
My favorite from Sam Adams, a great alternative to the typical Budweiser or Miller.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 7/20
hindan02 (24) - macomb, Michigan, USA - OCT 23, 2006
had a great head and a decent color standard aroma for a lager sam adams goes down easy and finishes nice its good but nothin special

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
teebeer (24) - Minnesota, USA - MAR 29, 2007
UPDATED: AUG 4, 2007 I really enjoy this brew. Very distinct hoppy flavor. Has a bite to it. You know when you’re drinking a Boston Lager. Very well balanced flavor, with an almost piney afertaste. My favorite to get with a meal. A great beer for any beer lover.