RATINGS: 4382   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.22/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Rvrndmaynard (47) - Berkeley Heights, New Jersey, USA - APR 25, 2007
On tap at Mile Square in Hoboken. The only reason that i gave this beer a 5 for appearance is the nifty new glasses that Sam Adams came out with for this beer. Pretty standard swill though. All in all, i think i’m just not that big a fan of Jim Koch’s beers.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
MichaelPerch (47) - DENMARK - FEB 15, 2008
the aftertaste is very bad. i don’t like it at all. sorry. but it seems that it is very popular

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
DarkBeer (47) - Ohio, USA - AUG 6, 2008
I’m not a lager guy, but this is a good one, Nice amber pour, good head, nice oppy aroma, lovely clean taste,

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
BBorsutionns (46) - Derry, New Hampshire, USA - SEP 23, 2008
Very distinct hoppy flavor. subtle aroma. very crisp. Great for a beer you find on tap at restaurant.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
revans (46) - Salem, Ohio, USA - FEB 3, 2009
Just not that into this beer. Nice color though. Taste is a bit off. But it really does nothing for me.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
BigDaddyBlues (46) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - JUN 7, 2009
Nice red gold color with a nice off-white head. A very balanced beer. It has some malt on the nose and some hop late. It is my default beer when I can’t get to a place with better selection. Not one of the worlds great beers but far better than anything coming out of the big breweries.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
XtraStout (46) - Alberta, CANADA - OCT 20, 2009
Above average score for a lager, IMHO. Drank from a bottle from the LCBO. Very nice for an American macrobrew. Goes down smooth with a nice hoppy malty finish that’s not too strong. I wish I could buy this for much cheaper up here in Canada. Perhaps I’ll pick up a case next time I’m in the States.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
hallzee (46) - Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA - JAN 13, 2011
Pored from a 355ml bottle, for the price of this i expected better, a lot of hype over a standard beer, it is nice just not standout, if it were cheaper i would session this beer, but i would rather spend my hard earned cash on something a little better.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
soulrefugee (46) - Illinois, USA - NOV 25, 2001
I love this beer for how well it performs compared to how much I pay for it. It has the quality of some german or U.K. brews, but costs a good bit less. Its just as thick, hearty, and tasty as many of the european beers, and reminds me alot of some of the ’Octoberfest’ style beers they sell from germany. These are not those super thick strong beers, but are a bit lighter than that, yet way heartier than beers like Bud and Fosters. I picked this beer last, since it seemed like the biggest seller, I assumed that meant it would taste the most like a mainstream beer such as Bud. I was wrong, this is one of my favorites, if not my very favorite from Samuel Adam’s beers.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
pabstsfan777 (46) - Unionville, Connecticut, USA - NOV 18, 2006
UPDATED: APR 4, 2008 Simply put, the best beer I have ever had. Love it. You can not go wrong having one of these in your hand.