overall

RATINGS: 4356   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.22/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
kevnic2008 (11079) - Baden-Baden, GERMANY - JUN 8, 2012
Clear orange golden colour. Minimal white head. Light bitter, light coffee, light roasted malt taste. Nice flavour, but too light. Light body. Nice light bitter, light dry, light astringent finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Borup (11042) - Albertslund, DENMARK - AUG 26, 2006
Bottle. Light amber colour with a beautiful thick head. Aroma is malt and hops as well as flavour.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
crossovert (11015) - Illinois, USA - MAR 6, 2011
Tastes like Schlitz with a pinch more hops. It is just a very basic lager that is more or less mass produced.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Rune (10928) - Tromsø, NORWAY - JUL 17, 2006
355ml bottle at Caffrey’s Corner in Kiruna. Orange colour with some foam. Fresh, but vague aroma. Fruity citrus flavour with hints of hops. Light bitter end. Medium bodied. Unexpressed potentiality, perhaps because it was served far too cold (13.07.2006).

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Sammy (10891) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 2, 2004
Not too sweet or watery, nice for a lager. Bit sweet, and not up to ana verage craft beer. Some creamy mouthfeel and balance, crisp and dry aftertaste. Hint of floral aroma.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
kp (10884) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - SEP 1, 2007
Name: Boston Lager
Date: 01/01/2003
Mode: Bottle
Source: Bullock’s

Clear amber, thin fine white head, sweet malty aroma, light malt flavor, touch of carmel sweetness, nice balancing bitterness, good but boring

Aroma: 5/10; Appearance: 6/10; Flavor: 5/10; Palate: 5/10; Overall: 10/20
Rating: 2.6/5.0
Score: *4
-------- /> The score was calculated based upon the notes and an old scoring system.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Meilby (10865) - Kristiansand, NORWAY - JAN 15, 2011
Bottle 355ml @ home
Pours clear dark golden with a off-white head. Aroma has notes of malt, caramel, grain and light hops. Taste is light sweet and bitter. Body is light, texture is thin, carbonation is soft.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
daknole (10840) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - MAR 18, 2008
I have never been a fan of their "flagship" beer. Something just doesnt sit right. Dont get me wrong, it blows any macro brew out of the water...but I try not to drink this too much.

hopscotch (10557) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - SEP 23, 2002
UPDATED: MAY 30, 2003 Damn, I was obviously freakin' rocked when I rated this beer. My rating remains the same, but for God's sake, War and Peace was written in less time. I was obviously drunk off my ass. I don't even like Hendrix. I wonder if Jim Koche can play guitar?... This beer rocks. After stepping up onto my soapbox, I say...This beer is to American MicroBrews as Cal Ripken was to the current generation of tall, powerful shortstops... as Jimi Hendrix was to Eddie Van Halen and all that followed in his footsteps. This is the beer that started the American Craft-Brew Rennaisance that we are now lucky enough to be experiencing. Oh sure, today you can buy this beer at any supermarket or quickshop. However, I remember my early college days when the only beers available at the local spirit shop were flavorless, macro-brewed American Pilseners, a few flavorless, macro-brewed imports from Holland or Germany, and of course, the new kid on the block... Sam Adams Boston Lager. I remember how this lager's hearty, malty flavor ruined me for all other American beers. It cost a lot of money compared to all other domestics, but I would save my pennies just so I would no longer be forced to drink Coors or Genesee (my two favorites at the time)on the weekends. The commercial description above pretty much says it like it is; although, I personally don't detect anything 'sweet' within this beer. The nose is straightforward...malt and hops. The flavor is very well balanced, although I forgive it for being a bit on the malty side since I really dig malt. I mean, c'mon, your reading the words of a person who drank nothing as a kid except Ice Cream Malts and Malted milk. Now, back on my soapbox. I try not to take this extremely available lager for granted. I drink this beer at least once per month. This site wouldn't exist today if not for Samuel Adam's Boston Lager. All hail Cal Ripken, Jimi Hendrix and Jim Koche. BTW, my score, although not far from the way I see it, is inflated for sentimental reasons. Thanks for listening.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
adnielsen (10445) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - NOV 2, 2010
UPDATED: DEC 17, 2011 Tasted from a 12 oz bottle purchased in Fort Collins, Colorado. Pours a light orange-amber appearance with a light-medium head. Aroma is a mostly malty. Mostly malty but somewhat sweet flavor. Good session brew.