RATINGS: 4382   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.22/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
rosenbergh (10673) - Tampere, FINLAND - OCT 17, 2009
UPDATED: JUL 11, 2013 355 ml bottle. 4.7% (2009 rating 4.8%). BB Nov/13. (Prisma) Helsinki, Finland.
Clear amber colour with a small white head. A sweet fruity and berry aroma with some mild hoppy bitterness, fruit tea and sweetish maltiness. The flavour is fruity and floral hops, fruity tea notes and some bitterness. Some bitterness in the aftertaste. Slick palate. Tasty American Lager. Very Ale-ish Lager.

hopscotch (10645) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - SEP 23, 2002
UPDATED: MAY 30, 2003 Damn, I was obviously freakin' rocked when I rated this beer. My rating remains the same, but for God's sake, War and Peace was written in less time. I was obviously drunk off my ass. I don't even like Hendrix. I wonder if Jim Koche can play guitar?... This beer rocks. After stepping up onto my soapbox, I say...This beer is to American MicroBrews as Cal Ripken was to the current generation of tall, powerful shortstops... as Jimi Hendrix was to Eddie Van Halen and all that followed in his footsteps. This is the beer that started the American Craft-Brew Rennaisance that we are now lucky enough to be experiencing. Oh sure, today you can buy this beer at any supermarket or quickshop. However, I remember my early college days when the only beers available at the local spirit shop were flavorless, macro-brewed American Pilseners, a few flavorless, macro-brewed imports from Holland or Germany, and of course, the new kid on the block... Sam Adams Boston Lager. I remember how this lager's hearty, malty flavor ruined me for all other American beers. It cost a lot of money compared to all other domestics, but I would save my pennies just so I would no longer be forced to drink Coors or Genesee (my two favorites at the time)on the weekends. The commercial description above pretty much says it like it is; although, I personally don't detect anything 'sweet' within this beer. The nose is straightforward...malt and hops. The flavor is very well balanced, although I forgive it for being a bit on the malty side since I really dig malt. I mean, c'mon, your reading the words of a person who drank nothing as a kid except Ice Cream Malts and Malted milk. Now, back on my soapbox. I try not to take this extremely available lager for granted. I drink this beer at least once per month. This site wouldn't exist today if not for Samuel Adam's Boston Lager. All hail Cal Ripken, Jimi Hendrix and Jim Koche. BTW, my score, although not far from the way I see it, is inflated for sentimental reasons. Thanks for listening.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
djd07 (10553) - Houston, Texas, USA - JUN 3, 2007
UPDATED: AUG 30, 2007 Bottle. Pours a light amber color with medium white head that diminishes quickly to paperthin. Has a grass and hoppy aroma with some fruit. nice lacing that stayed and the taste was well balanced sweet and some spice. a decent lager.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
adnielsen (10490) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - NOV 2, 2010
UPDATED: DEC 17, 2011 Tasted from a 12 oz bottle purchased in Fort Collins, Colorado. Pours a light orange-amber appearance with a light-medium head. Aroma is a mostly malty. Mostly malty but somewhat sweet flavor. Good session brew.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Camons (10454) - Hasselager, DENMARK - MAR 9, 2011
Tap@ Peoria bar and grill, Denver. pours golden with a small white head. Aroma and taste is malt, and a little floral hops. Thin mouthfeel. Not really bad, just boring. 080311

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
KimJohansen (10423) - Frederiksberg C, DENMARK - APR 17, 2008
Clear amber with large off white head. Sweet fruity aroma with caramel and light hoppy notes. Flavor goes same way but has some off notes. Ends slightly bitter.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
faroeviking (10295) - FAROE ISLANDS - DEC 2, 2006
Bottle. Amber colour with an nice though average head. Hoppy floral aroma and some sweetness. The flavour is fruity and dry with malts. Nice semi-dry long lasting aftertaste. What a great brew indeed!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
slowrunner77 (10248) - Reno, Nevada, USA - JUL 26, 2009
UPDATED: OCT 17, 2014 "not full and rich compared to what i really like to drink, but an ok enough effort nonetheless. i prefer the ale to the lager ever so slightly. good malty backbone and decent balance, just a little boring."

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Maria (10213) - Thisted, DENMARK - FEB 2, 2007
This amber colored beer has a nice head and an aroma of fruit and malt. The flavour has notes of fruit, flower and malt, and it’s exceptionally fullbodied "only" being a lager. The bitterness is moderate, but just right for this beer, that is almost ale-like.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
pivnizub (10184) - Bochum, Porúří, GERMANY - JUN 5, 2006
Bottle: Light amber coloured, small, but firm off-white head; sweet-malty, a bit toasted aroma with a big touch of herbal hoppiness; distinctive bitter flavour; malty, nutty finish with a long, hoppy, herbal aftertaste. Superb ! Spicy and smooth.........