overall

RATINGS: 4000   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.21   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%

motnot (8) - USA - AUG 9, 2001 does not count
The first beer I ever had. The Boston Lager is almost dark enough to be an amber, and just as tasty. I didn’t want to give this beer a perfect rating, but upon drinking my first since joining this site, I had no choice. Boston Lager is a multifaceted beer, from the first whiff to the first taste to the final swig. Rich, creamy, bitter, yet perfectly balanced on the tongue. If I had to drink one beer for the rest of my life, this would be it.

Darth Maul99 (2) - USA - AUG 19, 2001 does not count
Best Goddamned beer on the planet!

jacomino (4) - Miami, Florida, USA - NOV 21, 2002 does not count
Wow! What a full satisfying flavor. That is what this one is all about. Delicious in every way with many, many flavors to hunt for with each sip (or gulp as I like to do.)God Bless the USA!

Rainbiker (2) - HOMEWORTH, Ohio, USA - AUG 6, 2005 does not count
Amber color, medium body. Slightly bitter finish but good balanced beer. I love this beer I drink it most of time when I have a beer

molsonracing86 (13) - Fremont, New Hampshire, USA - SEP 6, 2006
I’ve noticed something about this website..it’s a TOUGH crowd! It puts my beersnobishness to shame. This stuff even won awards in Germany, saving America from embarassment, because clearly, the Boston Brewery is the only large American brewer that can actually,you know, BREW. Great Stuff.

ROCKCHALK (1) - Lawrence, Kansas, USA - APR 2, 2007 does not count
A true beer by which all lagers should be judged. The full flavored body and hoppiness make it one of the best around.

republican1027 (8) - USA - JUL 12, 2007 does not count
This is the best readily available beer out there. It has a great appearance and taste. This is overall my favorite beer and is great at any time.

CashyCash (2) - USA - OCT 14, 2007 does not count
Was wondering why this Beer didnt have a Perfect rating then I saw statements like "This beer may have been too much to handle for my tastes"... that explains it. If you like Bud, Coors and that other Macro Brew swill out there you probably wont care for this awesome beer. Clearly the Best Beer in America to say the least.

beernbaseball (2) - Alabama, USA - AUG 30, 2009 does not count
Perfect tasting lager. A complex taste with hints of citrus. My favorite beer.

Nigross (2) - USA - SEP 27, 2009 does not count
So good. You know it’s a great beer when you want to have another and another and it never disappoints. This beer opened up the craft brewery market in America. Thank you Jim Koch.