overall

RATINGS: 4103   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.21   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
btbullard (8) - Fort Worth, Texas, USA - MAY 16, 2008 does not count
A truly great drink every day beer. If you open up a cooler at a BBQ and expect to grab some COORS swill and you pull out one of these instead; it’s just heaven to the taste buds. Another plus: Most bars have this one. So when you’re at some martini bar, have the bartender toss you this lifesaver.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
caseknowsbeer (1) - Utah, USA - NOV 21, 2012 does not count
I love this beer It is a well deserved break amongst micro lagers. The Boston beer company uses a top notch brewing process and top of the line ingriedents. I am thourghly impressed and in love with Boston lager

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
excel (3) - nabb, Indiana, USA - DEC 21, 2004 does not count
one of the best beers that i have ever had. i rate it second in beers that i drink all of the time. 1st -mission street.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
sexsymbol99 (3) - USA - JUL 3, 2002 does not count
Try it fresh at the Boston Brewery if you get a chance!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
BriGreentea (1) - - JAN 28, 2011 does not count
What can I say except this beer back in 1995 changed my life when it came to what beer can taste like. The first time I ever had it was in a pint and I thought it was good but strange. Second time I was hooked. I only know that this is called a "Vienna Style" because of a local beerhouse in Fort Worth "Flying Saucer" lists it as so. While everything is better on tap, this is just as good in a bottle. I can have this beer any time, any day. I can’t really choose a favorite beer and I have tried hundereds upon hundereds but this is easily up there. I’m very proud to see this once small brewery get pretty big. To me I think it tasted better in the 90’s then now but could be just me. Also, I’ve tried nearly every Samuel Adams beer that has came out since 1995 and while there are at least 5 that come close that is all they do. Boston Lager is the original and still is the best one out there.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
JustPlainLogan (58) - Galveston, Texas, USA - OCT 7, 2013
Absolutely, without a doubt, my favorite beer. This is the lager all lagers should strive to be.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
beerspy (1) - Courtenay, British Columbia, CANADA - OCT 3, 2011 does not count
Goes great with Lake Superior Trout and Alaskan Halibut. nuts, roasty, leather,

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
cainede (9) - DuBois, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 8, 2008 does not count
A classic. One of the best beers ever made. Great on so many levels. I don’t understand the lack of respect for the Boston Beer Company by so many so called connoisseurs.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
JayJamJah (3) - Shelby, Michigan, USA - APR 23, 2008 does not count
My favorite Beer of 2008. Great taste, smooth and rich flavor. No bitter after taste ever. Good in warm or cold weather.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
cwalsh156 (6) - Exeter, New Hampshire, USA - SEP 26, 2008 does not count
Top 3 of my choices, a very good beer although I cant drink a whole lot of it- probably a good thing.