overall

RATINGS: 4124   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.21   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Libeerian (209) - Garner, North Carolina, USA - DEC 2, 2003
Thick ivory head lends to a delicate brussels lace. There's a pleasant hop flavor mixed with toffee maltiness. Finish is balanced between malt and hops.

MrBeer (276) - Erie, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 5, 2003
I was not impressed with this beer at all. With all the talk about it I thought it would be great but I guess I was wrong.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
eraserhd10 (226) - new haven, Connecticut, USA - DEC 5, 2003
Copper-gold color with a pleasant, thick head. Fruity-tasting (cherries), metallic with apparant hops and some lingering sweetness. A bit of a metal/skunky aftertaste.

dirtyc (173) - Erie, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 6, 2003
Second of the Sam Adams that I have had, enjoyed this copper gold beer with a good taste

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
evinal (48) - Mattapoisett, Massachusetts, USA - JAN 8, 2004
Not my first choice, but its my only choice on so many occasions, what would i drink without it. My first real beer. Thanks for that!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
tsarman (794) - Northern, New Jersey, USA - FEB 4, 2004
Decent for a Lager. Easy to find and doesnt fail. Better than most other lagers. Not much more to say about it.

TC2642 (265) - Worcester, Worcestershire, ENGLAND - FEB 20, 2004
I was pleasantly surprised by this beer. Ok it's not the best in the world, but it is far superior to Bud and you can wean Bud drinkers off their poison onto this and then slowly assimilate them to good beer. Within the bottles of average beer lie the lie the seeds of destruction for truly awful beers and the path to the true, good beers. Onward Comrades. Now is time for the revolution!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 11/20
madquacker (1055) - Canberra ACT, AUSTRALIA - MAY 28, 2004
Too malty for my liking, but a good beer nevertheless. Amber copper colour but then malt, malt and malt. The best US beer I’ve tried to date.

farmboy (218) - Barwon Heads, AUSTRALIA - JUL 20, 2004
UPDATED: JAN 8, 2006 I’d been meaning to grab one of these for quite a while but the price tag always put me off. Tried it from the bottle and found it to be a bit too metallic. Can’t explain it really. I won’t be rushing out to buy another one. RE-RATE: on draught at many of the pubs I went to when on holidays in Boston in September 2005. Much better this time around, although not something I wanted to drink a lot of.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Metalhead (632) - Lake Zurich, Illinois, USA - AUG 14, 2004
This is pretty good icey cold in a frosted mug. As it warms tho the carmel flavor seems off. Better than Bud or Miller anyday tho.