overall

RATINGS: 4140   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.21   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 11/20
madquacker (1061) - Canberra ACT, AUSTRALIA - MAY 28, 2004
Too malty for my liking, but a good beer nevertheless. Amber copper colour but then malt, malt and malt. The best US beer I’ve tried to date.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
farmboy (218) - Barwon Heads, AUSTRALIA - JUL 20, 2004
UPDATED: JAN 8, 2006 I’d been meaning to grab one of these for quite a while but the price tag always put me off. Tried it from the bottle and found it to be a bit too metallic. Can’t explain it really. I won’t be rushing out to buy another one. RE-RATE: on draught at many of the pubs I went to when on holidays in Boston in September 2005. Much better this time around, although not something I wanted to drink a lot of.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Metalhead (632) - Lake Zurich, Illinois, USA - AUG 14, 2004
This is pretty good icey cold in a frosted mug. As it warms tho the carmel flavor seems off. Better than Bud or Miller anyday tho.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
AlabastorJones (810) - Seattle, Washington, USA - AUG 23, 2004
Clear copper color, rocky white head that does a bit of lacing, sweet malty aroma with some lemon zest, tart malt flavor with some citrus noyes and a slightly bitter hop finish, water palate, not the worst lager I’ve had but certainly not the best

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
GeniusGirl (221) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - SEP 13, 2004
Tap at PJ Kilroys. Bought for me by a friendly bar tender. Decent, but I think I’d go for the Octoberfest this time of the year. Although, I did meet two very nice NY firemen who walked us home.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
hellomynameis (874) - Mayer, Minnesota, USA - OCT 16, 2004
This is my fall back beer when more interesting brews aren’t available. It has a good sized head, and good lacing. The aroma is a bit sweet, but not too interesting. The taste is good, though I’m not so sure I like the hop aftertaste. I don’t usually like lagers, but this I’ll drink.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
beervana (781) - Libertyville, Illinois, USA - DEC 2, 2005
12 oz brown bottle purchased from the Snuggery bar, Union Metra station, Chicago, IL. Labeled to expire on 1/06 and opened on 11/5/05. Clear light amber ale having a small diminishing head with spare lacing. Aroma of sweet malt and toffee. Average carbonation. Starts with slight sweet and nutty malt flavor and finishes dry with slight bitterness. Notable unpleasant burning sensation on tongue and throat. A rather mediocre beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
direwolf2002 (14) - USA - JAN 3, 2006
A bland lager. Some decent aroma, mostly hops making themselves noticed with a very slight hint of cirtus. Watery texture and flavor.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
jujubeast6000 (854) - Houston, Texas, USA - JAN 17, 2006
On tap @ BWW’s: Pours an amber-red color, medium white head, good lacing. Strong aroma of hops. Smooth, balanced flavor, malty. Not too much flavor, slighty bitter finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
kreepindeth (404) - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA - JAN 29, 2006
Pours a fizzy amber, aroma is very light some hints of malt. Decent body for a premium lager style and even some slight bitterness. This beer is alright, but I’d rather have some of SA’s other offerings.