overall

MikeF (538) - Cleveland, Ohio, USA - MAR 30, 2001
Good daily brew.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
dins (266) - Texas, USA - NOV 11, 2001
Nice hops though I’m not much of a lager fan. I dislike the lingering sweetness in finish and mouthfeel.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Andrew196 (1091) - Katy, Texas, USA - NOV 14, 2001
Too sweet, I would much rather have a beer that tries to have the ’All American’ appeal taste better than this. The Samuel Adams IPA is the only thing I really like from Sam.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
MilkmanDan (1943) - Eagan, Minnesota, USA - NOV 27, 2001
It’s a standard lager. Lacks any particular hoppy bite, but definite hops in the flavor. Just missing something. No particular lingering malts in the finish, it’s just an average beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - FEB 17, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 29, 2003 When served at a proper temperature, the hoppiness comes out to play and reminds me of an un-complex e.s.b. As it warms, it sweetens up but by the end it becomes pasty. A good "gateway" brew for your non geek friends. sometimes the best option at chain restaraunts. it'll do. an everyday kind of average beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
AxeMaster221 (343) - Portland, Oregon, USA - APR 4, 2002
Not a micro but not Bud either. For the price there a so many micros that beat it, I just don’t see myself buying it, but if I’m at a friends and this is what’s there i’ll drink it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
gpolice99 (32) - Arizona, USA - APR 21, 2002
Not bad, but not one of my favorites out there! maybe a higher quality version of Bud....

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
AceOfHearts (1374) - Mountain View, California, USA - APR 29, 2002
Woah, I forgot to rate this. Used to think that this was premium and substantially better than other American crap. While I’ll take this over a Bud, the fruit and malty notes aren’t really subtle or slight, they’re just plain weak. Sam’s Double Bock is far superior to this.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
blank (996) - Austin, Texas, USA - AUG 15, 2002
Can’t believe I almost forgot this. One of my favorite commonly accessable beers. Light flavor and very drinkable. Good with pizza,wing and all other bar food.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
UnionMade (621) - Connecticut, USA - OCT 2, 2002
I don’t know why they sell this everywhere and not the Boston Ale. I suppose it’s a good amber lager, but just not my style. Miles ahead of Coors, Bud, Rolling Rock, and any other ubiquitous beer.