overall

RATINGS: 4243   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.22   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
jaymobrown (1746) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUL 15, 2007
Hmm... As I stood at the bar pondering another night of boring work at a hick bar far into the suburbs, I scanned the tap lineup for a tolerable beer. The Hamms would have to wait for another night. Ah a Sam Adams Lager. Many a year since I’ve had a Sam Adams Lager. Images of Samuel L Jackson and an annoyingly flippant monotone blond girl surge through my head, or it might have been the Tom Cochrane thumping through the speakers. Delirium. Yes, the Sam Adams Lager please. While I sat watching the locals struggling with the arithmetic to determine the winner in the local baseball game, I admired my newly poured beer. It shone a tarnished copper color with a medium head. Watery syrup I thought to myself as a baseball wearing chap kept yelling "dude." My tongue rolls. "Ah fizzy." Yes, a watery syrupy fizzy beer. Smelled like water left out in a rusted tin pan. While there was some minor bitterness in the beer, the bitterness of listening to a young man say, "That Collective Soul song has the greatest solo ever! He kicks Eric Clapton’s ass!’ was far greater. I sat with my moderately decent but completely unsatisfying beer and pretend to care about useless trivia and a game between two teams I did not know.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
jvmiller (558) - Bel Air, Maryland, USA - OCT 21, 2007
Very malty, but has a nasty aftertaste that reminds me of vomit. The ale is much better, but I’d never pay for a bottle of this.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
FatPhil (10992) - Tallinn, ESTONIA - FEB 21, 2008
355ml bottle (Gallows Bird, Espoo)
Pale orange, tiny head. Slightly dull aroma. Decent carbonation, not too fizzy. Nutty and woody, sweet honey notes, malty taste, slightly creamy, however on top of all that there’s also a load of hops too - noble and bittering. Long nutty and bitter finish. Does become less interesting after a while, but still a very good lager.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
tarjei (1954) - Bryne, NORWAY - MAR 29, 2008
355 ml bottle, abv is 4,8%. Copper color, disappering white head. Aroma is malt and maybe some hops. Flavor is malt, some sweetness and hoppy bitterness.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
downender (7040) - Bristol, Gloucestershire, ENGLAND - APR 6, 2008
Bottle. Copper coloured with an off-white head. Pretty good for a lager with some hop character and juicy malt flavours.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
ThaBobfather (178) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - MAY 11, 2008
This is a very quality lager. It smells and pours with deep tones. It’s flavor is quality and it is a better than average lager.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
rcasta (841) - EL SALVADOR - MAY 15, 2008
no vale la pena mentir, la mayoria de cervezas huelen igual y el sabor es lo unico que las puede hacer sobresalir entre otras. samuel adams = overrated y + $ en anuncios

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
GarrettB (1236) - San Diego, California, USA - JUN 9, 2008
Reading the surprisingly positive reviews I think perhaps my batch had gone wayward. The thick and soft 1cm deep balsa wood tan head gives way to a hearty caramel brown brew with a lively array of carbonation. The smell is watery, diluted, but earthy with touches of caramel, well kilned malts, cinnamon and the distinctively vegetal bite of cut radish. But all of these aromas feel somehow loose and disconnected, free floating away from each other in disharmony. The taste is very poignant, mostly with hops, along with a handful of other flavors - apple, clove and clorox. A distinctive cutting edge of industrial cleansers really makes this an off putting brew where, in the aftertaste, the clove hangs onto the roof of the mouth like Indiana Jones escaping a bottomless pit, while the chemical aftertaste spirals down into the oblivion of my digestive system. The whole experience puts me into digestive rejection mode, despite the beer’s last ditch effort to include a cinnamon flavor in the warmth it has accrued under my lamp. I think I really need to re-sample this beer, but for now it lies perilously on the verge of a drain pour.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
ahnakel (10) - , Georgia, USA - AUG 5, 2008
Not really the best beer I have had. I tasted at the request of a friend. It was not bad, but I do not plan to purchase again.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
nbutler11 (1267) - Rota, SPAIN - AUG 11, 2008
Always seems to pour a reliable amber color from the tap or bottle with a trim white head of foam. Mild with hops and balanced with caramel. A good ballpark beer.