overall

RATINGS: 4001   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.21   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
Joeh (2038) - Buckinghamshire, ENGLAND - JUN 25, 2003
UPDATED: MAR 24, 2004 I was quite suprised to see an (imported) american beer in my local supermarket - so I bought it. It was darker and had more body than i expected - perhaps a bit fruity? Would try again.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
bowen008 (134) - Houston, Texas, USA - JUL 2, 2003
Tastes a lot like Bass to me. Leaning to the hoppy side. I thought we declared independence to get away from England. Sam, Sam, Sam...

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
monkeyman (57) - Alabama, USA - AUG 3, 2003
Best by 09-(presumably)03. What is it about this stuff? An incredibly schizophrenic juxtaposition of what may be Cascade and Saaz hops in a lager? Bland anoymous malts. Whatever the intent, this stuff always makes me pucker and I seldom have another.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
MikeF (538) - Cleveland, Ohio, USA - MAR 30, 2001
Good daily brew.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
dins (266) - Texas, USA - NOV 11, 2001
Nice hops though I’m not much of a lager fan. I dislike the lingering sweetness in finish and mouthfeel.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Andrew196 (1091) - Katy, Texas, USA - NOV 14, 2001
Too sweet, I would much rather have a beer that tries to have the ’All American’ appeal taste better than this. The Samuel Adams IPA is the only thing I really like from Sam.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
MilkmanDan (1943) - Eagan, Minnesota, USA - NOV 27, 2001
It’s a standard lager. Lacks any particular hoppy bite, but definite hops in the flavor. Just missing something. No particular lingering malts in the finish, it’s just an average beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - FEB 17, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 29, 2003 When served at a proper temperature, the hoppiness comes out to play and reminds me of an un-complex e.s.b. As it warms, it sweetens up but by the end it becomes pasty. A good "gateway" brew for your non geek friends. sometimes the best option at chain restaraunts. it'll do. an everyday kind of average beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
AxeMaster221 (343) - Portland, Oregon, USA - APR 4, 2002
Not a micro but not Bud either. For the price there a so many micros that beat it, I just don’t see myself buying it, but if I’m at a friends and this is what’s there i’ll drink it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
gpolice99 (32) - Arizona, USA - APR 21, 2002
Not bad, but not one of my favorites out there! maybe a higher quality version of Bud....