overall

RATINGS: 4039   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.21   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
terry myers (10) - Franklin, Ohio, USA - APR 28, 2001
UPDATED: AUG 28, 2004 Outstanding beer! Great floral aroma and taste. Delicious looking orange color. However, this is a heavy beer and I can only drink a few of them before I start feeling queasy.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
BigIrish99 (3) - Lombard, Illinois, USA - JUL 1, 2002 does not count
Samuel Adams Boston Lager is quite possibly the best lager that I have ever had the pleasure of tasting. It is characterized by a bold taste that overwhelms the senses and leaves a subtley sweet aftertaste, which leaves the drinker yearning for more. Boston Lager is the perfect drink for almost any party, at the bar or domestic get togethers.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
Wildo67 (27) - USA - DEC 23, 2005
I absolutely love this beer. Maybe it is nostalgia more than anything, the good times that went along with it, but it doesn’t matter to me. The taste reminds me of the smell of helmlock. I highly recommend.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Dacrza (502) - Great Meadows, New Jersey, USA - DEC 21, 2007
Soft snow-white inch-thick head in a lager glass; beatuiful Brussels lace on the tracings....body shifts in light from brown-orange to orange-yellow--affecting...for a lager, quite hoppy...the balance is attractive...full-bodied and effervescent body...outstanding mouthfeel holds the tongue and lays the flavor on...best compliment to a lager: you could down a 12-pack easily (in any month or season), but the taste makes you slow down in respect...I’ve had this at parties too many times IN A BOTTLE, which sucked much of my ambition to drink it; in a glass, however, as a session beer, MUCH different--and my brother Jer tells me in the specially engineered glass Sam Adams sells, the bouquet and experience are multiplied exponentially...tough to believe after half a glass. And I NEVER call out others’ tastes, but after looking at the average rating on this site, I cannot imagine what other beer drinkers are looking for...I apologize to Mr. Koch and all his staff. Beautiful job, gentlemen.

yemenmocha (658) - Glendale, Arizona, USA - APR 23, 2009
One of the most underappreciated beers out there. This bottled version pours an autumn gold color, very deep gold. Impressive white head that retains well. Aroma is on the floral hoppy side, but it doesn’t suggest that the beer is for hopheads, nor does it scare away the hop-newbies. This beer is about balance, and the aroma achieves this admirably. The hoppiness has a pleasant steel-y metallic aroma, along with fresh bread notes in the mix, maybe even biscuits. On a hot day this is one of the most appetizing beers I reach for. On the palate this beer welcomes you warmly with that vienna style maltiness, light caramel, but wait, the hops assert themselves to compliment the malty character... leaving you to focus on the oily hops, but then there’s the malt again... and so on. I detect a citrusy character as well, but more floral and pleasant metallic flavors. Medium to full bodied Vienna style lager. Good body, but still refreshing and drinkable. The best of both worlds. This is a beer you can savor and contemplate, but also enjoy regularly with good availability. This is probably the best domestic craft beer in the vienna lager category, hands down. Beer Snobs, please set aside your elitism and look at this beer for what it is, despite its near "macro" status today.

dude8652 (1) - USA - DEC 21, 2010 does not count
outstanding beer im glad to have this beer in america. great product. great flavor with a mild palate with a respectible aftertaste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
STRYKER662 (6) - California, USA - FEB 2, 2011 does not count
Samuel Adams is my favorite everyday drinking beer. It is very smooth, tasty, light and perfect balance of beer and beverage. Be careful of some bottles that have that mercury taste on them as I have had a few batches of bad stuff.

UWDawgs (9) - Monroe, Washington, USA - DEC 30, 2011 does not count
If they serve it on tap I will probably buy one. For sure my go to beer if I want something I can easily enjoy. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

dtalou27 (13) - Freeburg, Illinois, USA - JUL 1, 2012
Amazing example of a true American Beer. This is an excellent beer, which thank the lord, because it's a go to beer when the only other beers carried at bars/restaurants are bud and bid light. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
Valfar (78) - San Miguel, EL SALVADOR - OCT 24, 2013
I think this is my favourite USA beer. Sadly, this is the only type I’ve tasted from the Samuel Adams family. It has an intense smell, like wood, coffee and citrus. It has a full body, very complex with a great taste (like orange peel). I like its deep brown color, very foamy. I just hope to taste more beers from the S.A. familiy to make comparisons.