overall

RATINGS: 4103   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.21   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%

hattrick6899 (16) - USA - AUG 31, 2002
Yeah, this and Yuengling are pretty close to the best American beers. Think Sam has a slight edge though. Very good taste, I like this stuff

AtomBombOfLove (30) - Jackson, New Jersey, USA - JUN 19, 2003
The best lager that is readily available to the masses. Too good for BBQ's and parties, but I recommend keeping some around if you wanna impress your friends.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
TheCid (5) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - AUG 22, 2005 does not count
If you should ever find yourself in Boston, go to the nearest bar and order a Sam Adams on tap. You might have had a bottle or two of Sam in your life, and thought it was about the same as a Yuengling, or one of a million other American Lagers. But have one on tap and fresh, and you know much better.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
unibrouefan (200) - Gatineau, Quebec, CANADA - JAN 19, 2006
I agree with KennyKonif...This beer is surprising. I’m leaving in Canada and the first time I went to the USA (In akswesesne mohawk casino), I decided to try a US beer...and Samuel Adams was the beer I tried...I’m not disapointed. This beer has a perfect flavor and a great palate. This beer has a sap flavor...thats bizarre since my friends doesn’t seem to agree on this one. On my next trip to USA I will try other product from this brewery.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 19/20
SavMan (10) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - DEC 1, 2003
Bottle. This is one of my favorite beers I've had so far. At first it seemed sour, but after my second bottle I developed a taste for the hoppy flavor. There is a subtle but engaging nuance of citrus in the lager that I love. If you are new to beer, this is a good stepping stone from the macros to smaller, craft brews.

cjwright79 (7) - Surrey, British Columbia, CANADA - AUG 4, 2006 does not count
A fine, fine beer: lovely amber color. A medley of warm, earthy flavours: the alkalinity of dark-roasted coffee, sticky honey, and of course a lot of rich hoppiness. Good beer... but if it’s your first pint of Sam Adams, take it slow. Get a whiff, take a little sip, or you’ll shock a palate that’s used to regular light-golden lagers.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
nchomefinder (34) - North Carolina, USA - JUL 22, 2007
My favorite beer of choice, very easy to drink. can find it anywhere. great color, right amount of bitterness. a solid beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
anthlovesbeer (67) - north grafton, Massachusetts, USA - APR 16, 2008
My favorite beer of all time. This beer started it all. It is just awesome. The flavor is very unique and enjoyable. Very smooth. The well balanced use of hops and malts create an attractive candy feel. This beer gets better as it warms because all the flavors seem to come out in a breathtaking encore. If you have never had any Sam Adams yet, try the Boston Lager first!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
coopec (20) - Portland, Connecticut, USA - JAN 3, 2003
This is my staple lager, when I can’t choose I pick up Sammy and enjoy each bottle. No surprises, classic lager palate great aroma and looks great in the pint glass

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
184601 (206) - Mexicali, MEXICO - MAY 9, 2007
This is tthe best Pale Lager that i ever have,its colour and taste remarkable,pleasing aroma,this should be the standard for all biers