Samuel Adams Boston Lightship

(RETIRED)
overall

RATINGS: 28   MEAN: 2.77/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.77   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
faroeviking (10289) - FAROE ISLANDS - JAN 1, 2007
Tasty easy to drink beer with low calories. Thin but still some good maltiness.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Bov (9509) - Bienne, SWITZERLAND - SEP 25, 2001
I had this one under the name ’Lightship’. Without doubts my favourite light beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Crit (3350) - Surrey, British Columbia, CANADA - JAN 14, 2003

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Volgon (2763) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - NOV 16, 2002
While slightly better than the new SA Light, it was a light beer and thus deserves your scorn. Drink less, but better, as opposed to this. I drank a bit of this in the day and always felt cheated after I did.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
PhillyBeer2112 (2525) - Oviedo, Florida, USA - FEB 17, 2006
I like how now and again I’ll scour my old notes and find something not entered! First my memories of this: Always was surprised by how good this was, at least, as far as light beers went. It wasn’t something I had regularly but never turned it down. My notes: darkish gold with a honeyed character (both aroma and flavor). Clean, boring. Medium bodied. Just enough hops.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
BREWMUSKCLES (2234) - New Jersey, USA - SEP 6, 2007
IT WAS LIGHT AND REFRESHING. TASTED LIKE A LIGHT CARAMEL MALT AND THEN BEER. YEARS AGO IT HAD A BETTER MORE HOP FLAVOR. A BIT RESINY AND PINEY.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
dirtymike (2016) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - MAY 13, 2002
Other than the bad name, I don’t know why BBC gave up on this in favour of the present Light,it’s been years since I had this beer,but I recall it being a great escape from ’light’ beer without the lack of flavour of a craft brew.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
philbertk (1873) - Seattle, Washington, USA - MAR 1, 2010
Boston Beer Company--Samuel Adams--Lightship Ale--1998 12 oz. Bottle. 2.70% ABV. (2.5 / 5.0) Golden Ale.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
RSRIZZO (1853) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - SEP 17, 2007
Had this beer on 12/29/1997. It has a golden color with a little bit of a haze to it. The aroma is light and sweet. Carbonation is very high at first but slows down quickly. The taste of this beer is far better than any other light beer I’ve had. It starts off with a crisp body, similar to a good bodied American premium, and goes down refreshingly smooth. The finish is more like a Pale Ale than a Light beer, with the flavor of hops coming though and a mild bitterness on the tale end. This is a great beer and one of the best light beers ever made.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
BroSpud (1695) - , Massachusetts, USA - FEB 13, 2009
I remember having one of these several years back and not liking it. It is good for what it is it’s just that I don’t like what it is. Better than most other light beers yet still tasting of water and lacking flavor.