overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 313   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.3   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
This special release is brewed just for the holidays. For a new approach to a classic favorite, we added cherries to our traditional Chocolate Bock for a sweet, slightly tart note. Aged on a bed of dark cocoa nibs, the malty, chocolaty, and dark fruit flavors create a rich, complex beer perfect for winter. Cheers!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
keithmoon (13) - Kentucky, USA - DEC 24, 2011
Very smooth and drinkable...Slight hint of cherry with chocolate overtones...The color is dark and opaque with very little light through the glass when held up...Basically desert in a glass. I love it !!! I wish they had this in bottles instead of just draft so I could buy em up.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Beerwarlock (13) - Trafford, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 22, 2014
If you like a glassful of chocolate covered cherries then this is the beer for you. Aroma was of chocolate covered cherries. The taste was much of the same. Very sweet. Not bad but couldn’t drink more than one or two without needing to have something with a little more hops to counter balance my palate.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Thejay801 (12) - - NOV 11, 2013
Winter pack from costco. Can smell the chocolate and cherry. Great taste and not overwhelming. Leaves aftertaste of chocolate. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Jszetela (9) - - JAN 1, 2014 does not count
Loved this beer. You get a very bold cherry flavor at first taste and it slowly fades into a slightly semisweet chocolate note. Very tasty if you like cherry and chocolate. I love the fact it doesn’t shy away from the cherry, even though others thought it was too much.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 2/20
dantheman4162 (9) - Medford, Massachusetts, USA - FEB 7, 2014 does not count
Aroma was cherryheavy. Taste Too sweet on the cherries. Chocolate subtle but there Syrupy. Smooth beer otherwise. Not a very drinkable beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
scanny24 (7) - Florida, USA - JAN 30, 2014 does not count
I was initially disappointed when I saw Sam had tweaked their chocolate bock to this new Cherry Chocolate Bock. But, as a fan of Sam, I gave them the benefit of the doubt and tried it with an open mind. Still, not as good as the Chocolate Bock, but still an excellent winter beer. The chocolate is overwhelmed by the cherry, though the cherry--to me--did not seem as overpowering as it is the Cherry Wheat. Very good beer.

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Globe199 (6) - Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA - DEC 15, 2013 does not count
Last year the Sam Adams Chocolate Bock is the one that piled up at the back of our fridge, left over from the holiday sampler. At least if that one wasn’t desirable, it was drinkable. But this one is simply awful. It tastes like Nyquil. They put an artificial cherry flavour in there so you don’t taste the medicine. This is like drinking an entire bottle of Nyquil. I could not finish this and dumped the remaining half. As for the appearance, as others noted, it has a decent head that disappears quickly. Bell’s Oarsmen is the only worse beer I’ve ever had.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
ada (4) - New York, USA - DEC 18, 2013 does not count
It reminded me of a cherry cordial, which I have never been a huge fan of. As part of beer flight it may be nice, but 12oz. was too much for my palate.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 5/20
PaleHorse732 (4) - Piscataway, New Jersey, USA - NOV 30, 2013 does not count
Cherry taste is pleasant. Not enough chocolate for my taste, however not too bad of a beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
garebear22 (3) - Virginia, USA - NOV 26, 2013 does not count
A: It smells like cherries and chocolate. Not really too surprising. A: Dark brown color with a dark tan head. T: Tastes like a dark beer with cherry and chocolate. I enjoyed it. Drinks smooth all the way through. P: Medium body, smooth feel. Decent carbonation. Overall: Tasty beer. I enjoyed it. Cherry and chocolate flavors stand out nicely. Not too sweet.