overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1795   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.79   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat® follows the centuries old American tradition of brewing beer with native ingredients, in this case Michigan cherries as well as a touch of honey. The sweet fruitiness of the cherries is balanced against the crisp, cereal note from the malted wheat and the subtle citrus flavor from the Noble hops. The end result is a sweet, refreshing beer that is light on the palate but long on complexity. Introduced in 1995 as a summer seasonal brew, Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat® developed a large enough following to be introduced as a year round style. Its distinct cherry character has made it one of the most unique and well liked styles of Samuel Adams® beer ever. Cherries are added at two different points during the brewing process. Once during the mash and again during finishing.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Uglyradio (791) - Greenville, South Carolina, USA - FEB 26, 2003
Pours a clear copper color with a small white head. The aroma is a mix of cherry Coke and cough syrup. Medium bodied with medium carbonation, the flavor is dominated by cherries and cherry syrup. No hint of wheat flavors and maybe just a tad bit of malt shows up in the finish. It is actually somewhat refreshing, but it reminds me too much of flat cherry Coke. I'm glad I only bought a single, because I couldn't drink more than one of these. This is your beer if you love cherries.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
vwsteggie (684) - Paxton, Massachusetts, USA - FEB 24, 2003
Has a clouded orangeish color with moderate carbonation and a cherry smell. Taste is also of cherries that reminds me of cough syrup and it finishes much the same way as the syrup. Overall iif you like cherries then this is for you, but I do not like cherries all that much and I like cough syrup even less so this beer will not be visiting my gut anytime soon.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
raymow (780) - Bensalem, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 17, 2003
Nice pour. The cherry aroma hits you immediately. Good color but a bit cloudy. I really like this but I couldn't drink it all night. A nice novelty or special occasion beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
djbuddha (90) - Many, Louisiana, USA - FEB 11, 2003
Just tastes like a decent beer with cherry syrup in it to me. I guess it is okay occasionally, but I seriously doubt I like it enough to invest in another 6-pack of it.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
WabashMan (1007) - Noblesville, Indiana, USA - FEB 10, 2003
A fair effort, though the "wheat" of this beer is not at all apparent.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
wheatbeerboy (103) - Addison, Illinois, USA - FEB 10, 2003
I enjoyed this beer although I could not drink it all the time. You can really taste the cherry flavor.

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
redlem (1296) - Ohio, USA - FEB 7, 2003
I am not a fan of sweet beers, and this is a sweet beer. Much like a sweet wine they taste like cherry syrup that leaves a clinging sicking aftertaste that you can not get rid of, even from brushing your teeth. Always take the dry version of the wine and the regular version of the beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
tomseaman (35) - Alpine, California, USA - JAN 29, 2003
For what it tries to be I guess it's okay, but it has way to much cherry taste. It's as though a spoonful of cherry syrup was stirred into each bottle.

1.2
   AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
hayden1215 (321) - Ohio, USA - JAN 24, 2003
UPDATED: MAR 21, 2007 Too much cherry for me. Sweet and syrupy. Makes me think "cherry cough syrup cooler"

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Wiseblood (700) - Clarksville, Tennessee, USA - JAN 20, 2003
Sweet maraschino cherry aroma with a light body. Well carbonated with a clean taste with much milder and dryer fruit flavors than the aroma suggests. Overall, the flavors never seems to come together which ultimately detracts from any enjoyment of this beer.