overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1824   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.79   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat® follows the centuries old American tradition of brewing beer with native ingredients, in this case Michigan cherries as well as a touch of honey. The sweet fruitiness of the cherries is balanced against the crisp, cereal note from the malted wheat and the subtle citrus flavor from the Noble hops. The end result is a sweet, refreshing beer that is light on the palate but long on complexity. Introduced in 1995 as a summer seasonal brew, Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat® developed a large enough following to be introduced as a year round style. Its distinct cherry character has made it one of the most unique and well liked styles of Samuel Adams® beer ever. Cherries are added at two different points during the brewing process. Once during the mash and again during finishing.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Dorwart (2393) - Robbinsville, New Jersey, USA - JUL 30, 2003
Awesome aroma (if you like cherries) that is very dominant. Pretty much masks any other aromas. Decent head which does not last too long. Color is medium amber with very little cloudyness as you would expect in a wheat beer. Flavor is pretty good with more cherry and not much wheat or yeast flavor. Pretty clean palate that goes down very smoothly. A nice alcohol warming even though it only has 5.2% ABV. A good fruit beer that is pretty well balanced but lacks in the wheat department.

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
EKGoldings (556) - Radford, Virginia, USA - JUL 17, 2003
What a horrible beer. Sweetness is cloying, cherry taste is unbalanced. I drink a lot of Kreik and fruit beers have done several comparitive testings on them. This is the worst fruit-containing beer that I've ever had. I bought a 6-pak by mistake and won't drink the rest. Anybody who I've enticed in to drinking one will refuse more. Want one? I've 3 still in a closet. YUK.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
bowen008 (134) - Houston, Texas, USA - JUL 10, 2003
Very fruity. This tastes like a wheat beer with a cherry Jolly Rancher dissolved in it. Cough syrup is another good way to describe it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - JUL 8, 2003
I have had this a few times now and feel I am ready to rate it. Sometimes it comes off with too much fruit, as in a cough syrup kind of way, but others it is just right, and others it is lacking. Overall, I like it, but it is never the same and never balanced.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Silphium (3179) - East Lansing, Michigan, USA - JUL 2, 2003
This brew seems to be drawing some consternation on the part of the ratebeer community. I like it. On the light side, with both artificial and natural cherry flavors, and slight wheat tang. Probably best served in grill-endowed regions. Not the most complex fruit offering, but tasty and refreshing, and sometimes that's a damn good thing.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Jedsbrew (465) - Rhineland, Missouri, USA - JUL 2, 2003
UPDATED: AUG 6, 2003 Deep amber/red hue, nice head that kind of fizzed away, and an up front plum and cherry aroma. Cherry and wheat malt flavor, slightly tart, with a touch of orange. Smooth and dryish in the finish. I recently rated some cherry lambic which had much more personality. I'll save the other five for my SO, and that's my good deed for the day.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
AustinMilbarge (681) - Denver, Colorado, USA - JUN 25, 2003
Pours with a big rocky head. Hazy golden with a small amount of carbonation. Lots of lacing, lot's of cherry in the aroma. Some wheat in the flavor, not a whole lot though. The cherry isn't as well balanced as it could be, a little on the heavy side of things.

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
drewcifer85710 (158) - Youngstown, Ohio, USA - JUN 22, 2003
Artificial artificial artificial! I don't know if this is really even wheat, or what.. this is really disappointing because I'm generally very happy with Sam Adams offerings. Try to imagine a budweiser with a cherry jolly rancher dropped in - this is what you get.

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 1/20
Schroppfy (2360) - Łódż, Warsaw, Poland; Michigan, Ohio, USA - JUN 22, 2003
I honestly am concerned for my health after this one. Cherry cough syrup is right! Is this a wheat beer? The acidic quality reminds me of taking a 9 volt to my tongue. This is very near to the worst beer I have ever had. I'm surprised.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
AtomBombOfLove (30) - Jackson, New Jersey, USA - JUN 19, 2003
Being a huge Sam Adams fan, I was dissapointed by this brew...my best friend, a Bud Ice drinker recommended it, I no longer pay any attention to him.