overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1817   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.79   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat® follows the centuries old American tradition of brewing beer with native ingredients, in this case Michigan cherries as well as a touch of honey. The sweet fruitiness of the cherries is balanced against the crisp, cereal note from the malted wheat and the subtle citrus flavor from the Noble hops. The end result is a sweet, refreshing beer that is light on the palate but long on complexity. Introduced in 1995 as a summer seasonal brew, Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat® developed a large enough following to be introduced as a year round style. Its distinct cherry character has made it one of the most unique and well liked styles of Samuel Adams® beer ever. Cherries are added at two different points during the brewing process. Once during the mash and again during finishing.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
WastedYouthBrew (143) - Phila (Home of Geno's Steaks), Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 15, 2002
Nice tasting, Fruit beer? Funny name. If your a big cherry fan this is the beer to go with, nice crisp cherry after taste, delicious. Could of drank another but my brother finished the six pack. What a tit. Its kina strange but every time I drink this I feel as if I’m going to end up with a piece of cherry in my mouth. Very rich and refreshing brew. My hats off.

1.1
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 1/20
OD40oz (773) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - JUL 15, 2002
UPDATED: NOV 14, 2003 This was some terrible swill. I thought it would taste like a good wheat beer with a slight cherry taste but it was some over flavored shit almost feminine. I had to check to make sure I still had nuts after drinking this crap.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
beerlovinman99 (124) - USA - JUL 13, 2002
Too much cherry. If I wanted cherry, I’d have a Dr. Pepper. There’s just no need for a cherry beer in this world.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
gws57 (1274) - Saint Charles, Illinois, USA - JUL 12, 2002
Reminds me of hot weekends boating on the Illinois River. Very refreshing and drinkable. I would find it tough to drink this for an entire evening out at the bar, however. Strictly a summertime brew for me.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
Jorufo (5) - Orlando, Florida, USA - JUL 9, 2002 does not count
I really liked this. It’s good every now and then though, just to have something different.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
ClarkVV (3892) - Allston, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 9, 2002
UPDATED: MAY 4, 2004 AHHHHH LOOK OUT, THE CHERRIES!!! HERE THEY COME, THE CHERRIES! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORerate. Ok, it's not that bad, still has a bad, stale hops flavor that I cant get around. The cherries dominate everything and is cloying. Smells like artificial cherry syrup, looks decent, but is clear and fizzy.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
TheOrange (479) - Kent, Ohio, USA - JUL 7, 2002
Not a bad beer, not a great beer. Clean tasting, but has more of a cherry candy taste to it then I was expecting.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
brownalegirl (199) - Fountain, Michigan, USA - JUL 7, 2002
This beer is a reminder that it is very rare for someone to use fruit flavors well while brewing beer. Every year I am tricked into trying a cherry or berry flavored beer that is inevitably disgusting. The cherry flavor is more similar to cherry candy or cough syrup than actual cherries. I keep searching for the beer that will actually have the subtle flavor of black and/or sour cherries, which has led me to waste many a beer drinking opportunity on a sickly sweet beer. Luckily, all is not lost - check out Jeff King’s work in Pontiac, michigan ...

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
MartinT (7779) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - JUL 7, 2002
Eating nuts while drinking Cherry Kool-Aid…Then licking your infected band-aid…What the hell is this?…

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
AlGreen99 (33) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - JUL 6, 2002
Sweet cherry flavour, which is complimented by the crisp palate.