overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1814   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.79   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat® follows the centuries old American tradition of brewing beer with native ingredients, in this case Michigan cherries as well as a touch of honey. The sweet fruitiness of the cherries is balanced against the crisp, cereal note from the malted wheat and the subtle citrus flavor from the Noble hops. The end result is a sweet, refreshing beer that is light on the palate but long on complexity. Introduced in 1995 as a summer seasonal brew, Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat® developed a large enough following to be introduced as a year round style. Its distinct cherry character has made it one of the most unique and well liked styles of Samuel Adams® beer ever. Cherries are added at two different points during the brewing process. Once during the mash and again during finishing.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
dirtymike (2016) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - MAY 12, 2002
Very fruity,tangy wheat character.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Andrew196 (1091) - Katy, Texas, USA - MAY 6, 2002
I appreciate what they were trying to accomplish with this beer, but the cherry taste just took too much command of the aroma and flavor. It was like an average wheat beer with strong notes of dimetapp elixer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
MaDoG99 (20) - Orlando, Florida, USA - APR 30, 2002

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
MMM...Beer (385) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - APR 27, 2002
Really impressed. When my friend first described this beer to me, I was a little skeptical. However, after finishing a couple I decided I really like it. The cherry flavor is just suttle enouhg that it compliments the beer quite well, but not overpowering.

toad6399 (3) - Washington, USA - APR 22, 2002 does not count
The best beer EVER!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Structure82899 (19) - USA - APR 17, 2002
Well Sam Adams being a ’Behond a Doubt’ the best American Brewery strikes again. This isnt as good as octoberfest but its soemthing different. A very very nice wheat flavor. The cherry was ok, kind of like a cherry coke cherry tone to it but the wheat makes up for it. I wouldnt drink it daily but its something to try or have every now and then. I give it a thumbs up.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
allconf50 (12) - Colorado, USA - APR 14, 2002
Smells incredible. One would assume that with such a great aroma that it would taste quite a bit better. It is not bad, not to fruity, but not one of Sam Adams best.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
JoeM500 (1902) - Crown Point, Indiana, USA - APR 14, 2002
It looks and smell great, but lacking in the taste. I don’t enjoy fruit beer, so I rated it according to the style (against the others I’ve had in the category). I believe this has artificial flavors, I could be wrong, but it gave me heartburn and that’s usually a big sign of flavor additives.

1.3
   AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Hugerat (452) - somerville, Massachusetts, USA - APR 4, 2002
Perhaps I just got a couple bad bottles of this, but I found it offensive.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
MethodGod (7) - USA - APR 3, 2002 does not count
the smell was better that the flavor, but it still tasted fine. Good samuel adams brew