Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1852   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.79/5   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat® follows the centuries old American tradition of brewing beer with native ingredients, in this case Michigan cherries as well as a touch of honey. The sweet fruitiness of the cherries is balanced against the crisp, cereal note from the malted wheat and the subtle citrus flavor from the Noble hops. The end result is a sweet, refreshing beer that is light on the palate but long on complexity. Introduced in 1995 as a summer seasonal brew, Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat® developed a large enough following to be introduced as a year round style. Its distinct cherry character has made it one of the most unique and well liked styles of Samuel Adams® beer ever. Cherries are added at two different points during the brewing process. Once during the mash and again during finishing.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
stephen (308) - California, USA - JUL 21, 2002
Disgusting cough medicine taste. Doesn’t seem as quality as cherry beers from micros. I’ll never drink this one again.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
labattblueleaf (225) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - JUL 21, 2002
I love this beer!!! One of my facorites. Strong cherry flavor. Goes excellent with food. A very good alternative to the Christmas beers during the holiday season.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
k2 (146) - USA - JUL 20, 2002
Beer should not make you pucker. This one is better than its cousin, cranberry...

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
SETANTA (582) - Bangor, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 19, 2002
all I can say is ’Fred Flintstone Vitamins’

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
Wakie (612) - Centreville, Virginia, USA - JUL 18, 2002
An excellent fruit beer but you cannot, I repeat, cannot drink more than 1 in a sitting.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
WastedYouthBrew (143) - Phila (Home of Geno's Steaks), Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 15, 2002
Nice tasting, Fruit beer? Funny name. If your a big cherry fan this is the beer to go with, nice crisp cherry after taste, delicious. Could of drank another but my brother finished the six pack. What a tit. Its kina strange but every time I drink this I feel as if I’m going to end up with a piece of cherry in my mouth. Very rich and refreshing brew. My hats off.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 1/20
OD40oz (774) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - JUL 15, 2002
UPDATED: NOV 14, 2003 This was some terrible swill. I thought it would taste like a good wheat beer with a slight cherry taste but it was some over flavored shit almost feminine. I had to check to make sure I still had nuts after drinking this crap.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
beerlovinman99 (124) - USA - JUL 13, 2002
Too much cherry. If I wanted cherry, I’d have a Dr. Pepper. There’s just no need for a cherry beer in this world.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
gws57 (1275) - Saint Charles, Illinois, USA - JUL 12, 2002
Reminds me of hot weekends boating on the Illinois River. Very refreshing and drinkable. I would find it tough to drink this for an entire evening out at the bar, however. Strictly a summertime brew for me.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
Jorufo (5) - Orlando, Florida, USA - JUL 9, 2002 does not count
I really liked this. It’s good every now and then though, just to have something different.