overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1814   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.79   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Samuel Adams Cherry Wheatģ follows the centuries old American tradition of brewing beer with native ingredients, in this case Michigan cherries as well as a touch of honey. The sweet fruitiness of the cherries is balanced against the crisp, cereal note from the malted wheat and the subtle citrus flavor from the Noble hops. The end result is a sweet, refreshing beer that is light on the palate but long on complexity. Introduced in 1995 as a summer seasonal brew, Samuel Adams Cherry Wheatģ developed a large enough following to be introduced as a year round style. Its distinct cherry character has made it one of the most unique and well liked styles of Samuel Adamsģ beer ever. Cherries are added at two different points during the brewing process. Once during the mash and again during finishing.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Cutlass (51) - Galloway, Ohio, USA - MAR 2, 2002
a little too fruity. but itís a nice change of pace. excellent aroma and a nice amber color

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Drinkingdan (371) - East Norriton, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 28, 2002
I would have to say it is the only Sam Adams I donít go for.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Alenightlong99 (70) - Lockport, Illinois, USA - FEB 25, 2002
Sorry, too much cherry for me. I will pass.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Terminus (3229) - Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA - FEB 25, 2002
UPDATED: MAY 2, 2005 ReRate-one of the first beers i sampled back 3 years ago. pours a bright orange hue with some haze. nice sudsy white head. cherry aroma that didnít really smell that artificial-more like a pie than cough surup. flavors are grainy malt, cherry sweetness, but the cherry flavor gets a little to big here. Some hop flavors in the finish. Its not that bad, but it could be done better. Just a little too much cherry flavor.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
CrimsonGhost1971 (188) - USA - FEB 24, 2002
A fine product from Sam Adams. Not as fruity in my opinion as some fruity beers.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
TheRavishingOne (45) - Cumming, Georgia, USA - FEB 22, 2002
UPDATED: AUG 30, 2003 Sweet, but I like that most of the time. Smells GREAT! It is an amazing site to get the perfect pour into a pub glass. Its appearence there just beckons to me. The taste is like a dream, a very sweet dream with flowers, girls, and more beer.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
ultraspank (867) - Alverca, Lisboa, PORTUGAL - FEB 22, 2002
My first stab at a fruit/wheat combination beer. I feel like I threw a strike. WOW! Exceeded my expectations in every respect. I sometimes find myself holding my breath before I take a swig of brew, not with this one. The aroma is pleasant without being overpowering. I have heard many beers being described as having an amber color - this is my definition of amber. As for flavor and palate I could give it a 10 and a 5 respectively if there was just a little more bitterness to the finish. Though it does have a very complex taste. I couldnít drink many of these, but since I donít go overboard anyway, this could easily become my favorite beer.

1.4
   AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
okcomputer99 (2) - USA - FEB 20, 2002 does not count
Oh this was awful. Believe me, I usually really like Sam Adams, but this was like bad cold medicine.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
kilgore41599 (98) - Rochester, New York, USA - FEB 20, 2002
Good taste and good looks, but for whatever reason I cannot drink too much of this beer. I would have rated it higher if it didnít get kind of gross by the end of the pint. Otherwise a very good beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
OldJack99 (114) - USA - FEB 19, 2002
donít want more than one, smells great, a little sweet but itís the point & still taste a little beer, give it a try if you want a fruit beer. Iíd only buy it if someone else really liked it, Iíd only want one for the evening though.