overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1819   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.79   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat® follows the centuries old American tradition of brewing beer with native ingredients, in this case Michigan cherries as well as a touch of honey. The sweet fruitiness of the cherries is balanced against the crisp, cereal note from the malted wheat and the subtle citrus flavor from the Noble hops. The end result is a sweet, refreshing beer that is light on the palate but long on complexity. Introduced in 1995 as a summer seasonal brew, Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat® developed a large enough following to be introduced as a year round style. Its distinct cherry character has made it one of the most unique and well liked styles of Samuel Adams® beer ever. Cherries are added at two different points during the brewing process. Once during the mash and again during finishing.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BigSkyman007 (202) - USA - MAR 11, 2002
A very crisp, refreshing beer with a nice cherry taste to it. Although it’s not something I could drink all of the time, A nice refreshing beer for those hot summer days.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
jcalbi (378) - New Jersey, USA - MAR 11, 2002
Crisp and clean with a bitter hop snap. Cherry flavor was a little too faint.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
muzzlehatch (4424) - Burlington, Vermont, USA - MAR 5, 2002
Appearance nothin’ special -- ok head; aroma very sweet-cherry, very little else. Flavor much more wheaty than cherry-sweet/sour; tasted kind of flat to me. Body ok. This was probably the first fruit-flavored beer I ever had, and certainly I started exploring the lambics in part because of this; I owe Sammy some gratitude for this and the Double Bock for sure -- it doesn’t make this beer taste any better to me now, unfortunately.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
unixweb (237) - Sherman, Texas, USA - MAR 5, 2002
I like this, and I don’t see the comparison with the lambics, and please bear in mind that I love the taste of Kriek. This, however, isn’t so sweet and fruity as to be overpowering. It smells amazing, looks very nice and from the first sip you know that is is a beer with cherry flavor and not the other way around. I like this one alot and I’m glad I got a sixer of it and not just a single. Smooth from start to finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Choke (96) - Massachusetts, USA - MAR 5, 2002
I am a Big SA supporter and i just cant get the taste of this beer to agree with my taste buds,,,it leave a rather bad after taste and i am not one for the fruit beers although the cherry in this is not very distinct

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Cutlass (51) - Galloway, Ohio, USA - MAR 2, 2002
a little too fruity. but it’s a nice change of pace. excellent aroma and a nice amber color

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Drinkingdan (371) - East Norriton, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 28, 2002
I would have to say it is the only Sam Adams I don’t go for.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Alenightlong99 (70) - Lockport, Illinois, USA - FEB 25, 2002
Sorry, too much cherry for me. I will pass.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Terminus (3250) - Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA - FEB 25, 2002
UPDATED: MAY 2, 2005 ReRate-one of the first beers i sampled back 3 years ago. pours a bright orange hue with some haze. nice sudsy white head. cherry aroma that didn’t really smell that artificial-more like a pie than cough surup. flavors are grainy malt, cherry sweetness, but the cherry flavor gets a little to big here. Some hop flavors in the finish. Its not that bad, but it could be done better. Just a little too much cherry flavor.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
CrimsonGhost1971 (188) - USA - FEB 24, 2002
A fine product from Sam Adams. Not as fruity in my opinion as some fruity beers.