overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1809   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.79   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat® follows the centuries old American tradition of brewing beer with native ingredients, in this case Michigan cherries as well as a touch of honey. The sweet fruitiness of the cherries is balanced against the crisp, cereal note from the malted wheat and the subtle citrus flavor from the Noble hops. The end result is a sweet, refreshing beer that is light on the palate but long on complexity. Introduced in 1995 as a summer seasonal brew, Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat® developed a large enough following to be introduced as a year round style. Its distinct cherry character has made it one of the most unique and well liked styles of Samuel Adams® beer ever. Cherries are added at two different points during the brewing process. Once during the mash and again during finishing.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
TheRavishingOne (45) - Cumming, Georgia, USA - FEB 22, 2002
UPDATED: AUG 30, 2003 Sweet, but I like that most of the time. Smells GREAT! It is an amazing site to get the perfect pour into a pub glass. Its appearence there just beckons to me. The taste is like a dream, a very sweet dream with flowers, girls, and more beer.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
ultraspank (867) - Alverca, Lisboa, PORTUGAL - FEB 22, 2002
My first stab at a fruit/wheat combination beer. I feel like I threw a strike. WOW! Exceeded my expectations in every respect. I sometimes find myself holding my breath before I take a swig of brew, not with this one. The aroma is pleasant without being overpowering. I have heard many beers being described as having an amber color - this is my definition of amber. As for flavor and palate I could give it a 10 and a 5 respectively if there was just a little more bitterness to the finish. Though it does have a very complex taste. I couldn’t drink many of these, but since I don’t go overboard anyway, this could easily become my favorite beer.

1.4
   AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
okcomputer99 (2) - USA - FEB 20, 2002 does not count
Oh this was awful. Believe me, I usually really like Sam Adams, but this was like bad cold medicine.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
kilgore41599 (98) - Rochester, New York, USA - FEB 20, 2002
Good taste and good looks, but for whatever reason I cannot drink too much of this beer. I would have rated it higher if it didn’t get kind of gross by the end of the pint. Otherwise a very good beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
OldJack99 (114) - USA - FEB 19, 2002
don’t want more than one, smells great, a little sweet but it’s the point & still taste a little beer, give it a try if you want a fruit beer. I’d only buy it if someone else really liked it, I’d only want one for the evening though.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 19/20
beerdrinkingking (47) - Colorado, USA - FEB 18, 2002
i liked this beer more than most flavored beer in thant it still had a beer taste to it even though it was flavored

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
hippie99 (14) - charlotte, North Carolina, USA - FEB 16, 2002

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
BuzzBeer99 (81) - Oklahoma, USA - FEB 12, 2002
This is the best american fruit beer I’ve ever had. Its no Frambois but its 1/3 the price also.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
PSUJason99 (96) - Montclair, New Jersey, USA - FEB 11, 2002
I love the taste of this beer...the hint of cherry is a good on the palate, and I would suggest you pick up a 6 pack and try it...

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
thejman454 (56) - cumming, Georgia, USA - FEB 7, 2002
A very good fruit beer. Great smell, and truly a beatiful looking beer, did I mention it tastes great too?