overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1115   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.49   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Samuel Adamsģ Cranberry Lambic is a fruit beer that draws its flavor not just from the cranberries it is brewed with, but also from the unique fermentation character imparted by the rare wild yeast strain. The result is a flavor rich in fruitiness and reminiscent of cranberries and bananas, cloves and nutmeg. The yeast fermentation also will create a slight sourness on the sides of the palate, a signature of the original Lambic style which, with the subtle cereal note from the wheat malt, remind its drinker that, as fruity a beer as this is, it is still a beer.

1.4
   AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
Jorufo (5) - Orlando, Florida, USA - JUL 9, 2002 does not count
Tastes too much like medicine

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
ClarkVV (3892) - Allston, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 9, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 17, 2005 2001 bottle. pours a nice whitish-yellow. I was so impressed that the cranberry was subtle after having the cherry wheat. I love the bitterness too. why dont they make this not seasonal so i can study it more! 2002 bottle. Well I had it the next release the winter after this. TERRIBLE. one word, CLOYING. It had this nasty maple syrup taste that pervaded the beer and lingered on the palate forcing me to rinse my mouth out with something else. Letís see what next season brings. 2004 bottle Garbage. Lightly sweet cranberries, some light pils malts. This resembles a lambic about as much as I resemble a giraffe. Itís funny, though, I still do remember that first bottle back in 2001 being pretty good. Probably just an inexperienced palate, though. Canít imagine this was ever actually good.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
austinpowers (2826) - New York, New York, USA - JUN 24, 2002
A refreshing wheaty taste paired up with a not-too-tart berry flavor. I know this is sacrilege, but it made me briefly think of Rodenbach. Wheatier than the Cherry Wheat. The bottle says maple syrup is added to counteract the tartness, but you canít taste it. Better than it sounds.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
JohnDo2000 (99) - Metairie, Louisiana, USA - MAY 31, 2002
Iím a falvored beer fan myself, but Iím not too keen on Sam Adams flavored beers. Love cranberries, but didnít seem to work out here. A bit too tart. If given to me Iíd drink it, but I wouldnít buy it or anything. Iíll stick with the plain old boston lager.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
obxdude10 (2077) - Pottstown, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 13, 2002
Very fruity nose, a decent darker color for a wheat beer, a dry aftertaste

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
dirtymike (2016) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - MAY 12, 2002
Not a lambic, not a lambic, not a lambic. Ok, Iím through now.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
karl (158) - Glendale, New York, USA - APR 14, 2002
This is the only one from Sam Adams, i have not liked. Try a true Belgain Lambic...

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Volgon (2763) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - APR 14, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 11, 2004 Re-rate 4/14/02: One month past expiration date. The head stays around, and the taste is intensely fruity on the sour side. Hardly the same beer. Much more mellow. 11/01: Very sour. I'm going to let a bottle age for 6 months to a year and see if it helps.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
PSUJason99 (96) - Montclair, New Jersey, USA - MAR 30, 2002
The bubble were cool...the flavor was decent, if you can find it, try a 6 pack

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Skred (107) - Houma, Louisiana, USA - MAR 14, 2002
Definitely more beer-like than the Belgian lambics Iíve had, which is a plus for me. The cranberry is not overpowering, leaving this tasting more like a regular wheat beer, and I like the slightly pinkish tinge to the color, but the aroma is just a little bit off. Nothing to shout about, but not terrible. If I were on more friendly terms with dairy products (I like them, they donít like me), I might try a cranberry lambic float.