overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1115   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.49   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Samuel Adams® Cranberry Lambic is a fruit beer that draws its flavor not just from the cranberries it is brewed with, but also from the unique fermentation character imparted by the rare wild yeast strain. The result is a flavor rich in fruitiness and reminiscent of cranberries and bananas, cloves and nutmeg. The yeast fermentation also will create a slight sourness on the sides of the palate, a signature of the original Lambic style which, with the subtle cereal note from the wheat malt, remind its drinker that, as fruity a beer as this is, it is still a beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Suttree (5195) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - MAR 14, 2002
UPDATED: NOV 15, 2005 I think the recipe has changed since the early 90’s. It has a cloying sweetness, not very ’crisp’. Not a true lambic. Rerate, November 2005: Man, this stuff seems to get worse every year.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
bluemeow76 (693) - Lewis Center, Ohio, USA - MAR 13, 2002
I couldn’t take more than a couple sips - way too bitter - just awful!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Dogbrick (8339) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - MAR 10, 2002
Let me start off by saying I like cranberries. Cranberry bread, cranberry muffins...but not cranberry beer. The aroma was interesting but I barely finished the bottle, and had to drink it in short doses to get through. Just not my thing I guess.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
Drinkingdan (371) - East Norriton, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 28, 2002
Just not my thing.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Terminus (3255) - Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA - FEB 25, 2002
UPDATED: NOV 7, 2005 bottle-rerate-ok, this was one of my top 5 lowest rated beers. It has been 4 years since i had this beer. I dont really think its that bad. I had to go back and give it a proper rating. pours orange with a small white head. aroma of oak, vineous berries, vanilla, lightly buttery (not diacytl). The aroma suggests oak barrel aging? It actually smells pretty good. flavors are a little on the tart side of cranberry with some sour notes. again the vanilla oak thing is apparent in the flavors. the body is a little on the thin side and the finish is medicinal moreso than the actual flavors. Its really not that bad. For years, i would’nt touch this beer with a 10 foot pole, but i dont think its that terrible anymore.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
Alenightlong99 (70) - Lockport, Illinois, USA - FEB 25, 2002
I am glad that this is a hard beer to find, because I don’t want any more of this. Cranberry is just going too far in the flavor world for beers.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
igneous1 (1500) - Davenport, Iowa, USA - FEB 23, 2002
i have no experience with this style (although, it would appear, most here agree this isnt representative of a true lambic) but here goes...virtually nonexistent head, aroma is a combination of cloves and bubblegum. almost like a hefeweizen. color is coppery-reddish. tastes exactly like it smells. definitely a slight sour taste. aftertaste sticks around for a bit in my opinion. i dont sense the true taste of cranberries, and i love cranberries...the music and the fruit..ok, rerate....after having tried several Belgian lambics...the sam adams version is definitely too sweet

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
CrimsonGhost1971 (188) - USA - FEB 22, 2002
I always like to drink this when thanksgiving dinner is served. It seems to compliment the stuffing.

1.2
   AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
erway (1004) - Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA - FEB 4, 2002
As trappist ales rule pointed out this is no Lambic! Try Liefman’s and you’ll know what I mean. I don’t know what I’d call this,... Shit comes to mind. This is far and away the worst beer produced by any micro I’ve ever had. I actually poured it down the drain after a couple sips. A true disgrace to the name Lambic and a testament to why people need to look deeper than the grocery store when looking for a good beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
666seth (222) - California, USA - JAN 16, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 6, 2003 Different but not bad. It feels weird on your tongue but very refreshing.