overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1114   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.49   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Samuel Adamsģ Cranberry Lambic is a fruit beer that draws its flavor not just from the cranberries it is brewed with, but also from the unique fermentation character imparted by the rare wild yeast strain. The result is a flavor rich in fruitiness and reminiscent of cranberries and bananas, cloves and nutmeg. The yeast fermentation also will create a slight sourness on the sides of the palate, a signature of the original Lambic style which, with the subtle cereal note from the wheat malt, remind its drinker that, as fruity a beer as this is, it is still a beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
keepersj12 (2679) - Sicklerville, New Jersey, USA - NOV 6, 2010
This would be a great summer beer. It has just a hint of the cranberry in the aroma and taste. Pours amber with a slight pink hue. Nice lacing head. Very easy to belt a few of these down. They would really be best ice cold on a hot summer afternoon though.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
MaBeer1972 (1286) - Taunton, Massachusetts, USA - NOV 4, 2010
I remember this as being one of the early Sam Adams offerings. Brewed since 1990 - canít believe Iíve never tried it. I really, really donít understand why itís so lowly rated. Perhaps they have changed the recipie and it was worse before. Anyhow, this one is a beautiful cloudy cranberry color with frothy carbonation and a wonderfully tart fruity aroma. The flavor is complex tart fruit and yeasty spice with notable wheat beer characteristics too. Somewhat on the sweet side, but not too much so. Fruity, tart finish. I really like this one.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
dpento1 (236) - Virginia, USA - OCT 23, 2010
Not in this years Winter Classics Pack, had to look in my old notes to find this one! Looked intriguing.. Poured a red, berry, orange color with a medium fluffy white head, decent lacing. The nose of berries. Flavor was sweet, and somewhat sour. Finish was a little tarty, with bananas?

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
sbanach (222) - Alabama, USA - OCT 10, 2010
This one was an interesting brew. The aroma was great with malts, carmel and a hint of cranberry. The appearance was of a red, light hue. The taste was tart, carmel, and cranberry. Light - Medium bodied. Palate was okay with a cranberry aftertaste. Great brew for after dinner, turkey dinner, or with dessert. Was very interesting, but next time I would just share this brew with a friend. I wouldnít want to drink the whole bottle by myself.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
tokyogoat (1503) - San Diego, California, USA - SEP 12, 2010
Pours a pale pink hued color, nose is cranberries, taste is not a lambic, not sour, piss

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
adam42381 (379) - Fort Myers, Florida, USA - JUL 25, 2010
Appearance: Pours a light brown/orange color with a 1-2 finger white head that dissipates quickly. Minimal lacing. Smell: Very strong wheat smell followed by some fruit. Reminds me of a hefeweizen. Taste: Very hard to describe. Itís kind of all over the place. Definitely fruity but I would never have guessed cranberry. A bit tart but not overwhelmingly. Itís both sweet and tart. Not at all what I expected given the smell. Mouthfeel: Very light mouthfeel. Drinkability: I would say that it is quite low. Itís not a terrible beer but I canít see me ever wanting another one. Overall: Iím glad I tried it in the Winter Sampler from Sam Adams. Itís not that bad but I doubt Iíll ever try another one. Iíll probably not drink the second one out of the Sampler either.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Mora2000 (5664) - McKinney, Texas, USA - JUL 19, 2010
Thanks to hudsonphotog for sharing this bottle. The beer pours a red-orange-amber color with a white head. The aroma is caramel, maple syrup and cranberries. The flavor is heavy on the cranberries with some vanilla and maple notes. Medium mouthfeel and medium carbonation. I tried this several years ago and remember hating it. Not sure what is different this time, but I didnít dislike it - even though I went in expecting to.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
iNBe (100) - USA - JUL 7, 2010
The first lambic I ever tried, and it will probably be my last. Way too tart for my taste.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Wiseblood (700) - Clarksville, Tennessee, USA - JUL 4, 2010
Cloudy amber with a tan head. Sweet, wheaty bread aromas. Very sweet/sour malt combinations with almost no hops. Wouldnít call it a lambic. Sour cran-wheat flavor. A nice tart thirst quencher, but I wouldnít drink more than one at a time.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Forsberg_dk (258) - DENMARK - JUL 3, 2010
33 cl bottle, pours unclear red, slight fruit aroma, taste is somewhat sweet fruity, but very bland overall, not as bad as I had expected but not gonna bother with this beer again.