overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1115   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.49   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Samuel Adamsģ Cranberry Lambic is a fruit beer that draws its flavor not just from the cranberries it is brewed with, but also from the unique fermentation character imparted by the rare wild yeast strain. The result is a flavor rich in fruitiness and reminiscent of cranberries and bananas, cloves and nutmeg. The yeast fermentation also will create a slight sourness on the sides of the palate, a signature of the original Lambic style which, with the subtle cereal note from the wheat malt, remind its drinker that, as fruity a beer as this is, it is still a beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
drunkbull19 (10) - Clearwater Beach, Florida, USA - DEC 14, 2006
Was pleasently surprised with this one. When you first try it, it tastes a bit odd. It grows on you. Itís got a cranberry- fruity taste, and itís a bit tart too. Overall, Itís a pretty decent beer. Itís one of the best beers in the holiday sampler from Sam Adams.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
jay15944 (10) - Bristol, Connecticut, USA - MAR 31, 2007
Awful, awful, awful. Ugh. Worst Sam Adams brew Iíve ever tasted. Wish they would get this out of the Holiday Pack.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
dcb13 (10) - La Mesa, California, USA - JAN 2, 2009
A decent holiday beer. I purchased it in a variety pack, and even though I have enjoyed the one bottle that I got, I wouldn’t want another one.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
acsilver877 (10) - Arizona, USA - JAN 30, 2012
Bottle. Iím not a big fan of lambics, so I probably shouldnít be rating this beer...however, this beer was very bitter with a faux cranberry flavor. Looked good in the glass though.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
smeltdipper (8) - Boyne City, Michigan, USA - MAY 21, 2008 does not count
I had great expectations for this beer since overall the Sam Adams beers are usually above average. The aroma was nice. Slightly fruity and refreshing. The taste however was less impressive. I rarely (almost never) fail to finish a beer. Even Camo gets muscled down if needed. I poured this out after several sips of disbelief. I tried to like it but the taste was overwhelmingly medicinal. Almost like taking cough syrup. Overall I was disappointed in this one.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Hank426 (7) - New Hampshire, USA - APR 29, 2012 does not count
Pours a redish amber color with decent head. Has a slightly sour cranberry taste that goes great with a red-meat meal. A good beer for cold weather.

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Down In Flames99 (7) - USA - DEC 4, 2001 does not count

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 13/20
PlunkersDuo (6) - USA - MAY 6, 2008 does not count
We would qualify this as a "panty dropper" , you can give these to the ladies while your drinking your sam adams winter pack and when there good and loosened up... well you get the idea. Anyway Its not really an american/mans beer but it has its place, just not in our homes. I mean we donít think its bad because it IS a LAMBIC and its not claiming to be a real manly bear or anything so if you like the fruity belgium style beers have at it.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
WizardLord69 (6) - New Jersey, USA - MAY 8, 2008 does not count
I donít have this beer on hand, but it left a bad enough impression that I believe I can still speak about how foul it is. Itís completely undrinkable. A single sip was enough to contort my face, and I had to expend all my power to keep from spitting it up. There isnít much more you can say about it than disgusting. I would gladly take a Steel Reserve over this any time.

1.4
   AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
Jorufo (5) - Orlando, Florida, USA - JUL 9, 2002 does not count
Tastes too much like medicine