overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1112   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.49   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Samuel Adams® Cranberry Lambic is a fruit beer that draws its flavor not just from the cranberries it is brewed with, but also from the unique fermentation character imparted by the rare wild yeast strain. The result is a flavor rich in fruitiness and reminiscent of cranberries and bananas, cloves and nutmeg. The yeast fermentation also will create a slight sourness on the sides of the palate, a signature of the original Lambic style which, with the subtle cereal note from the wheat malt, remind its drinker that, as fruity a beer as this is, it is still a beer.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
acsilver877 (10) - Arizona, USA - JAN 30, 2012
Bottle. I’m not a big fan of lambics, so I probably shouldn’t be rating this beer...however, this beer was very bitter with a faux cranberry flavor. Looked good in the glass though.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
smeltdipper (8) - Boyne City, Michigan, USA - MAY 21, 2008 does not count
I had great expectations for this beer since overall the Sam Adams beers are usually above average. The aroma was nice. Slightly fruity and refreshing. The taste however was less impressive. I rarely (almost never) fail to finish a beer. Even Camo gets muscled down if needed. I poured this out after several sips of disbelief. I tried to like it but the taste was overwhelmingly medicinal. Almost like taking cough syrup. Overall I was disappointed in this one.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Hank426 (7) - New Hampshire, USA - APR 29, 2012 does not count
Pours a redish amber color with decent head. Has a slightly sour cranberry taste that goes great with a red-meat meal. A good beer for cold weather.

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Down In Flames99 (7) - USA - DEC 4, 2001 does not count

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 13/20
PlunkersDuo (6) - USA - MAY 6, 2008 does not count
We would qualify this as a "panty dropper" , you can give these to the ladies while your drinking your sam adams winter pack and when there good and loosened up... well you get the idea. Anyway Its not really an american/mans beer but it has its place, just not in our homes. I mean we don’t think its bad because it IS a LAMBIC and its not claiming to be a real manly bear or anything so if you like the fruity belgium style beers have at it.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
WizardLord69 (6) - New Jersey, USA - MAY 8, 2008 does not count
I don’t have this beer on hand, but it left a bad enough impression that I believe I can still speak about how foul it is. It’s completely undrinkable. A single sip was enough to contort my face, and I had to expend all my power to keep from spitting it up. There isn’t much more you can say about it than disgusting. I would gladly take a Steel Reserve over this any time.

1.4
   AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
Jorufo (5) - Orlando, Florida, USA - JUL 9, 2002 does not count
Tastes too much like medicine

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
jrossol (5) - Ohio, USA - FEB 7, 2005 does not count
A poor attempt on creating a holiday treat. cranberry was too intense and overpowering(if you really like cranberries, this is your beer!). Very little sweetness in this beer--hard for me to enjoy.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 2/20
atmelmatrix81 (5) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - MAR 11, 2007 does not count
Did not like this beer at all! Very surprised, I thought I was going to like it. The thing that surprised me was the sweetness, come on this is beer, not Kool-Aid! The funny thing is that I can usually tolerate most beers, however this beer I found myself choking down. Although I would like to note that this beer did have a great color.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
bmh4you (5) - USA - NOV 14, 2007 does not count
the idea of a cranberry flavored beer sounded good, but this is a little too heavy on the cranberry. it almost tastes like a wine cooler to me.....not so good.