overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1115   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.49   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Samuel Adamsģ Cranberry Lambic is a fruit beer that draws its flavor not just from the cranberries it is brewed with, but also from the unique fermentation character imparted by the rare wild yeast strain. The result is a flavor rich in fruitiness and reminiscent of cranberries and bananas, cloves and nutmeg. The yeast fermentation also will create a slight sourness on the sides of the palate, a signature of the original Lambic style which, with the subtle cereal note from the wheat malt, remind its drinker that, as fruity a beer as this is, it is still a beer.

1.4
   AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
Jorufo (5) - Orlando, Florida, USA - JUL 9, 2002 does not count
Tastes too much like medicine

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
jrossol (5) - Ohio, USA - FEB 7, 2005 does not count
A poor attempt on creating a holiday treat. cranberry was too intense and overpowering(if you really like cranberries, this is your beer!). Very little sweetness in this beer--hard for me to enjoy.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
mwhit20 (5) - philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 30, 2006 does not count
this one grew on me after i tried it a few times. its pretty fruity but its an interesting diversion from the darker stouts, porters and lagers availble in the winter samplers. its tastes like banana and cranberry.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 2/20
atmelmatrix81 (5) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - MAR 11, 2007 does not count
Did not like this beer at all! Very surprised, I thought I was going to like it. The thing that surprised me was the sweetness, come on this is beer, not Kool-Aid! The funny thing is that I can usually tolerate most beers, however this beer I found myself choking down. Although I would like to note that this beer did have a great color.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
beerthirty22 (5) - Newnan, Georgia, USA - NOV 9, 2009 does not count
Well.....let me put it this way....Have you ever almost puked after drinking a shit ton of beers and ate some sour cherries, cranberries ? and a little came up into the back of your mouth ? Thats what this shit tastes like..... STRAIGHT UP SOUR PUKE - !!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
tbzinger9 (4) - Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA - JAN 31, 2008 does not count
Very disappointed. Smelled of strong cranberries. Pours a pinkish hue. Felt very thick on the tongue. Could not finish the entire bottle.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
BJSixstring (4) - , Virginia, USA - JAN 15, 2009 does not count
Itís different. Iím not a big fruit beer fan. The aroma is really strong of something other than beer (mostly cranberry), appearance is a reddish haze, flavor is of slight cranberry, and palate is very light and almost airy. It feels like when I get a mouth full, I didnít get quite enough. Hard to explain. Not bad, not the best though.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
BulletJBT (3) - Southside, Alabama, USA - DEC 3, 2006 does not count
UPDATED: DEC 7, 2006 I wanted to like this beer - after all, it was a cranberry beer from McMinimanís Pubs in Oregon that turned me onto beer. The aroma is cranberry-ish. The color is a pleasant reddish amber. Those are the only plusses for me. This is probably the lightest beer by Sam Adams (IMO, not a good thing). I donít know how to describe itís taste without getting ugly about it. Probably the best way: I gladly give the four bottles of this that come in the Samuel Adams Holiday Collection to friends - with the disclaimer that if they take one sip and donít like it, go ahead and pour it out because that is what I would do with it. As someone else said, I really wish Sam Adams would put something else in the Holiday Pack.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
ejmoosa (3) - USA - DEC 5, 2002 does not count
Way to tart to enjoy. I am not even sure what one snacks on with this kind of brew.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
Hopopottamus (3) - - JAN 26, 2011 does not count
This was included in a Samuel Adams sampler I bought at a local distributor. I had never tried a lambic, but did some reading and was prepared for the different style. This beer was at best, bad. The appearance was nothing remarkable, being of a pale reddish-orange and cloudy at that. The head was of nice, foamy thickness and the aroma was fine, it smelled floral, fruity, and sweet. The taste was where it went into a tailspin. It tasted overwhelmingly of wheat, and had a hint of sourness among the ambiguous fruity flavors. The finish was cidery and sour, leaving nothing more to be desired. This was a bad experiment by Samuel Adams.