overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1115   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.49   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Samuel Adamsģ Cranberry Lambic is a fruit beer that draws its flavor not just from the cranberries it is brewed with, but also from the unique fermentation character imparted by the rare wild yeast strain. The result is a flavor rich in fruitiness and reminiscent of cranberries and bananas, cloves and nutmeg. The yeast fermentation also will create a slight sourness on the sides of the palate, a signature of the original Lambic style which, with the subtle cereal note from the wheat malt, remind its drinker that, as fruity a beer as this is, it is still a beer.

ericmoss3799 (73) - Warwick, Rhode Island, USA - OCT 11, 2001
I loved the taste and I look foward to it every holiday season. I wish it was made year round.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
LagerLove (65) - Clinton, Missouri, USA - DEC 9, 2006
Delicious, I really enjoy cranberry and this brew had a very pleasnant taste of lager and cranberry juice, i recomend to ocean spray fans

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
mikeben (355) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - FEB 21, 2004
Wow another criminaly underrated beer. Usually I am not a Sam fan but this is pretty terrific. It has the perfect sweet and sour blend of a good lambic and also lacks the hoppyness that ruins many Sams for me. It is truly a good drink and has a nice scent. The color could be dyed red though.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
MaBeer1972 (1361) - Taunton, Massachusetts, USA - NOV 4, 2010
I remember this as being one of the early Sam Adams offerings. Brewed since 1990 - canít believe Iíve never tried it. I really, really donít understand why itís so lowly rated. Perhaps they have changed the recipie and it was worse before. Anyhow, this one is a beautiful cloudy cranberry color with frothy carbonation and a wonderfully tart fruity aroma. The flavor is complex tart fruit and yeasty spice with notable wheat beer characteristics too. Somewhat on the sweet side, but not too much so. Fruity, tart finish. I really like this one.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
austinpowers (2826) - New York, New York, USA - JUN 24, 2002
A refreshing wheaty taste paired up with a not-too-tart berry flavor. I know this is sacrilege, but it made me briefly think of Rodenbach. Wheatier than the Cherry Wheat. The bottle says maple syrup is added to counteract the tartness, but you canít taste it. Better than it sounds.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
forceten (2) - West Caldwell, New Jersey, USA - APR 22, 2004 does not count
WOW! Sam Adams must have re-arranged the recipe, a bit for their 2003-4 Cranberry "lambic". While not a Lambic in the true style (the yeasts of Lembeek are not present in the US, and importing wild yeast would result in its taking over the entire brewery!), It's definately a powerful sour grain wheat-barley beer with fruit sweetness. In prior years, the Cranberry Lambic fell short in flavor and palate; something was missing. However, this year, I sampled the freshly brewed 2003-4 offering at the brewery (on tap, sigh, if only it were offered this way commercially) and I was floored - the color - a cloudy light crimson, and the fuller, bolder flavor with an almost winey note and great cranberry sweet-tart taste. The bottled versions in the winter pack are consistent with the tap version. If you don't enjoy fruit beers, please, don't bother. But if you enjoy a well crafted fruit beer, seek this one out. It's delicious. There's a bit of maple to it, too. If only we could get it in six packs or kegs...

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
bdhact1 (2) - , Florida, USA - OCT 27, 2008 does not count
It’s only available in thier seasonal packs. Not available in 6 packs. You have to drink all the other beers in a case just to get 4 Lambics. I would perfer just the lambic in a 6 pack.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
NeoHippie2 (1057) - Louisville, Kentucky, USA - JAN 2, 2009
UPDATED: JAN 5, 2009 Despite the ratings this beer has received, I was quite the fan. Pours a hazy red with a small white head. Nice aroma of cranberry with a malt background. The cranberry flavor isnít overpowering at all either. It compliments the malt character very well. Refreshing too. I bet this would compliment food very well. Worth a try for sure.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Slick (1969) - Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA - NOV 28, 2002
I believe when it comes to lambicís you either love the style or hate it i canít get enough of these this one had a nice aroma definately had cranberry in the nose and flavor nice refreshing tartness in taste a well done lambic even if it doesnít match up as well with the belgium styles.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
mohawksin (187) - Nebraska, USA - JUN 20, 2004
You have to like cranberry to enjoy this. Beautiful looking beer, and to me it was great. I love cranberry flavor. Sweet tasting maple. Certainly tastes like a holiday drink. I will go and buy the last of the singles I saw at the liquor store for my friends to enjoy.