overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1114   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.49   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Samuel Adams® Cranberry Lambic is a fruit beer that draws its flavor not just from the cranberries it is brewed with, but also from the unique fermentation character imparted by the rare wild yeast strain. The result is a flavor rich in fruitiness and reminiscent of cranberries and bananas, cloves and nutmeg. The yeast fermentation also will create a slight sourness on the sides of the palate, a signature of the original Lambic style which, with the subtle cereal note from the wheat malt, remind its drinker that, as fruity a beer as this is, it is still a beer.

1.1
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
HogcliffeLenny (162) - Christchurch, Dorset, ENGLAND - JAN 6, 2008
12 fl oz bottle. Had this out of a 2007 Sam Adams Seasonal Selection box. Oh deary, deary me, what was that? If you like cranberries, just stick to cranberry juice – and save yourself some money. The Sam Adams Cranberry Lambric is possibly the worst beer of any sort that I have ever tried. It was way too sweet and the dominance of the cranberries was just too much. The remainder of this bottle went straight down the sink. The second bottle in the selection box was given to someone I don’t like. To be honest, the entire 2007 winter selection was disappointing for me.

1.1
   AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
haugeberg (71) - - FEB 11, 2012
Imagine cranberry sauce unnaturally fermenting in feces, and then you have the flavor of this beer. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 1/20
Braudog (5583) - Hampton, Virginia, USA - DEC 18, 2004
UPDATED: JAN 6, 2007 True amber hue with solid head that stayed with it. The aroma is almost medicinal. Flavor-wise, this is too waaaaaaaay sweet for my palate, with a super-tart berry, champagne-y character. I’ve really tried, but this is one of the very few beers I can’t even force down a glass of and wouldn’t offer it to friends.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
rdawson321 (145) - USA - DEC 6, 2005
Full of cranberries... but not a taste I like in my beer. Tastes like bitter fruit juice, unbalanced, tart, and sour.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
MarkBarnes (375) - Waterville, New York, USA - JAN 5, 2006
Jan. 5, 2005; 12 oz. bottle. An unwelcome stowaway in the Samuel Adams winter sampler pack. Sour and acidic; smells like a barrel of rotting fruit. Had me searching the corners of the back room in hopes of finding a forgotten Budweiser to quench my thirst. One of the most ill-conceived products I’ve encountered from an otherwise reputable brewer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Moz (613) - Gothenburg, SWEDEN - JAN 19, 2007
Bottle. I was rather excited when I cracked this one open but I couldn’t finish it, awful stuff. Red colour. Odd fruity aroma. Strange sweet flavour, definitely not drinkable. Spare the cranberries for the turkey...

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
MesandSim (7119) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - APR 11, 2008
A Mes rate: Bottle at Tom’s UGT Pt. 2.My god this was awful. Rather univiting cloudy light brown and it gets worse from there. Really nasty pukey sweet caramel. I couldn’t smell it without feeling like I was going to gip. Undrinkable.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
BlackDonald (1126) - Boise, Idaho, USA - APR 21, 2008
Oh god this was horrid. Not even close to being a lambic. It has that flavor like someone drop a fizzy alka seltzer tablet in my club soda. One’e for bladder infections, one’s for getting drunk, I don’t want to be standing in my kitchen during the hockey playoffs tasting cranberry.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
Unique69crazy (120) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - NOV 29, 2008
This is nasty. Very raw taste, not going to buy this anymore. Nothing good to say about this. If you want to seek out a good lambic, better stick to the higher priced items

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 1/20
ant880 (39) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - JAN 19, 2009
Honestly, off the top of my head, this is the worst beer from a craft brewery that I have ever tasted. I tasted this out of the Winter 12-pack and after the first sip, not only poured the rest out but popped the second one and dumped that too. Smells of cranberry but tastes kinda like throwing up red wine, sorry to get so graphic. Taste this at your own risk!