overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1116   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.49   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Samuel Adams® Cranberry Lambic is a fruit beer that draws its flavor not just from the cranberries it is brewed with, but also from the unique fermentation character imparted by the rare wild yeast strain. The result is a flavor rich in fruitiness and reminiscent of cranberries and bananas, cloves and nutmeg. The yeast fermentation also will create a slight sourness on the sides of the palate, a signature of the original Lambic style which, with the subtle cereal note from the wheat malt, remind its drinker that, as fruity a beer as this is, it is still a beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 1/20
Braudog (5838) - Glenville, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 18, 2004
UPDATED: JAN 6, 2007 True amber hue with solid head that stayed with it. The aroma is almost medicinal. Flavor-wise, this is too waaaaaaaay sweet for my palate, with a super-tart berry, champagne-y character. I’ve really tried, but this is one of the very few beers I can’t even force down a glass of and wouldn’t offer it to friends.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
rdawson321 (145) - USA - DEC 6, 2005
Full of cranberries... but not a taste I like in my beer. Tastes like bitter fruit juice, unbalanced, tart, and sour.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
MarkBarnes (375) - Waterville, New York, USA - JAN 5, 2006
Jan. 5, 2005; 12 oz. bottle. An unwelcome stowaway in the Samuel Adams winter sampler pack. Sour and acidic; smells like a barrel of rotting fruit. Had me searching the corners of the back room in hopes of finding a forgotten Budweiser to quench my thirst. One of the most ill-conceived products I’ve encountered from an otherwise reputable brewer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Moz (613) - Gothenburg, SWEDEN - JAN 19, 2007
Bottle. I was rather excited when I cracked this one open but I couldn’t finish it, awful stuff. Red colour. Odd fruity aroma. Strange sweet flavour, definitely not drinkable. Spare the cranberries for the turkey...

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
MesandSim (7119) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - APR 11, 2008
A Mes rate: Bottle at Tom’s UGT Pt. 2.My god this was awful. Rather univiting cloudy light brown and it gets worse from there. Really nasty pukey sweet caramel. I couldn’t smell it without feeling like I was going to gip. Undrinkable.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
BlackDonald (1126) - Boise, Idaho, USA - APR 21, 2008
Oh god this was horrid. Not even close to being a lambic. It has that flavor like someone drop a fizzy alka seltzer tablet in my club soda. One’e for bladder infections, one’s for getting drunk, I don’t want to be standing in my kitchen during the hockey playoffs tasting cranberry.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
npdempse (934) - St. Petersburg, Florida, USA - DEC 2, 2002
A real class act, kind of like Ocean Spray meets Icehouse. Toss in some vinegar for that authentic "lambic" taste.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
oldrtybastrd (3223) - Fort Walton Beach, Florida, USA - DEC 13, 2005
UPDATED: MAY 10, 2006 Pours a hazy brown/orange. Aromas of sour milk, fruit, and spice. Flavor is not good, I can’t describe the awful flavor of this beer. I have tried this every Thanksgiving for the last 6-7 years, I think. I keep hoping that as my beer tastes and appreciations grow that this beer might get better, but it never does. This is hands down the worst beer I’ve ever had and will never try it again.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
ruberbox (15) - California, USA - DEC 24, 2007
Might possibly be the worst beer on earth, if they didn’t have all those awful macrobrewed, watered down beers.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
jmulv (336) - New York, New York, USA - JAN 17, 2010
I couldn’t take this beer. It’s very sweet, almost doesn’t taste like beer. Not very good, can’t recommend this to anyone.