overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1115   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.49   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Samuel Adamsģ Cranberry Lambic is a fruit beer that draws its flavor not just from the cranberries it is brewed with, but also from the unique fermentation character imparted by the rare wild yeast strain. The result is a flavor rich in fruitiness and reminiscent of cranberries and bananas, cloves and nutmeg. The yeast fermentation also will create a slight sourness on the sides of the palate, a signature of the original Lambic style which, with the subtle cereal note from the wheat malt, remind its drinker that, as fruity a beer as this is, it is still a beer.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
blklab2007 (1973) - Connecticut, USA - AUG 11, 2007
pours a copper color with decent carbination and a tart cranberry smell. taste is in line with the smell. maybe this is from last year as i cant imagine this beer getting better with time. it is quite bad and i cant even finish the beer. maybe a skunked bottle but real bad.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
basspro76 (423) - New York, USA - FEB 23, 2010
Sweet lord this beer is tart! Cranberry flavor takes over the flavor and never lets got for an unsatisfying, puke inducing mouthful.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
magsinva (878) - Virginia, USA - FEB 20, 2011
First off, THIS IS NOT A SPONTANEOUSLY FERMENTED FRUIT LAMBIC!!! If you read their info on the beer they say it is "lambic style". (cranberries?? what cranberries??) I found it a bland, disappointing effort from Sam Adams.

cckevin (38) - Terre Haute, Indiana, USA - AUG 16, 2002
Horrible. WAY too much cranberry flavor... This is probably what it would taste like if Ocean Sray were left out to ferment for a year.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
REDDOGICE (202) - nantucket, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 7, 2004
I dont think they should have a cranberry beer. the last time i had some the flavor was very bitter of barley.

thekmoonlegend (115) - Lynn, Massachusetts, USA - DEC 24, 2007
Probably the worst beer Iíve ever had, and thatís saying alot considering Iím not that picky. It looks alright, but it tastes disgusting...the cranberry combined with the wheaty taste simply does not work. Donít even waste your time.

afireinside96 (923) - Mountville, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 15, 2008
I can not begin to understand why they continue to brew this abomination year after year. Every aspect of it just screams cranberry juice vomit. Make it stop...

Beerio (48) - USA - OCT 28, 2007
I have had mostly good things to write about this company lately, as I stumbled upon some decent session brews from their Brewmasterís Collection (see my reviews is profanity does not bother you)...but, itís nice to know that I can still bash them when I feel like it, and let me tell you, after taking one sip of this shit I knew it was in dire need of a Beerio review...This shit sucked worse than getting Confirmed into the Catholic Church...in fact, I would rather attend mass than drink this...hell, I would rather become a fucking priest than have to drink this...this actually gave my dog diarrhea.

LongShotRX (15) - Barronett, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 3, 2008
Bad, just plain bad. Bought a sampler pack of several styles and this one was poured down the drain.

WizardLord69 (6) - New Jersey, USA - MAY 8, 2008 does not count
I donít have this beer on hand, but it left a bad enough impression that I believe I can still speak about how foul it is. Itís completely undrinkable. A single sip was enough to contort my face, and I had to expend all my power to keep from spitting it up. There isnít much more you can say about it than disgusting. I would gladly take a Steel Reserve over this any time.