overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1116   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.49   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Samuel Adams® Cranberry Lambic is a fruit beer that draws its flavor not just from the cranberries it is brewed with, but also from the unique fermentation character imparted by the rare wild yeast strain. The result is a flavor rich in fruitiness and reminiscent of cranberries and bananas, cloves and nutmeg. The yeast fermentation also will create a slight sourness on the sides of the palate, a signature of the original Lambic style which, with the subtle cereal note from the wheat malt, remind its drinker that, as fruity a beer as this is, it is still a beer.

hellomynameis (874) - Mayer, Minnesota, USA - DEC 1, 2006
Crappy cranberry undertones, with a mess of cereal flavours. A "rare wild yeast strain" doesn’t make this a lambic...ish.

JDUB (178) - Venice Beach, California, USA - JAN 5, 2007
First off, I hate fruit beers and therefore my submission should be almost entirely ignored as a have a huge bias from the get-go. light amber/pinkish color, super fizzy (like a cider). aroma is down-right awful! flavor makes up for...nothing...it too is awful! I like nothing about this beer and cannot believe that as I speak it has an 18 percentile rating. While buds/coors/mgd’s are crap, I would take one of those any day over this smelly nonsense. i’m getting a headache as wee speak. In summary: do I recommend this beer? I’d rather rub my....then lick my palm...

LongShotRX (15) - Barronett, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 3, 2008
Bad, just plain bad. Bought a sampler pack of several styles and this one was poured down the drain.

WizardLord69 (6) - New Jersey, USA - MAY 8, 2008 does not count
I don’t have this beer on hand, but it left a bad enough impression that I believe I can still speak about how foul it is. It’s completely undrinkable. A single sip was enough to contort my face, and I had to expend all my power to keep from spitting it up. There isn’t much more you can say about it than disgusting. I would gladly take a Steel Reserve over this any time.

djbuddha (90) - Many, Louisiana, USA - MAY 4, 2009
I just didn’t care for this at all. No taste whatsoever except for this acidic taste of cranberries. I will NEVER try this beer again.

beerthirty22 (5) - Newnan, Georgia, USA - NOV 9, 2009 does not count
Well.....let me put it this way....Have you ever almost puked after drinking a shit ton of beers and ate some sour cherries, cranberries ? and a little came up into the back of your mouth ? Thats what this shit tastes like..... STRAIGHT UP SOUR PUKE - !!