overall

RATINGS: 1599   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.53   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Samuel Adams® Cream Stout is a true cream stout, balancing body and sweetness with the natural spiciness of grain and hand selected English hops. Our Brewers use generous portions of roasted chocolate and caramel malts as well as unroasted barley to impart a fullness of body, a roasty malt character and rich, creamy head. Its dark mahogany color make it almost as easy on the eyes as it is on the palate.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
MaxPower (961) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - MAY 8, 2002
Not bad creamy chocolate-coffee taste, though pretty sweet as for the style.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
austinpowers (2826) - New York, New York, USA - MAY 8, 2002
Creamy, yes, but a bit bitter. Quite drinkable.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
estoppel (1028) - Buffalo, New York, USA - MAY 7, 2002
Strong coffee flavor with some chocolate.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
DarkFudge99 (5) - Dumont (Irish Headquarters USA), New Jersey, USA - MAY 5, 2002 does not count
I have to say I was delighted to try this one...it has a nice smooth creamy feel in your mouth and which has a quick marshmellowy nuget taste that finishes with a nutty, chocolatey roasted flavor...I think its a better beer than most give it credit for. I will keep this in my freezer year round!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
DEbeer (192) - West Virginia, USA - APR 30, 2002
Not as rough as other stouts, kind of espresso taste. A little thick, but that should be expected. Not my favorite sam adams, but not terrible by any stretch.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
SmellGood (339) - Memphis, Tennessee, USA - APR 27, 2002
Decent easy to find stout. Goes great with cashews!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
sethatuml (38) - USA - APR 25, 2002
Nice Stout from Sam. Coffee and chocolate flavors make for a nice rich taste. Tastes like what a Guinness Light would taste like if something that sacreligious were ever created.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
HarmonKill-a-Brew (407) - Wilmar, Arkansas, USA - APR 24, 2002
Not bad... pretty good. I love thier lager so I had high expectations for this but it wasn’t quite as good as I had hoped. Nothing to turn down though. As a matter of fact, I think I’m going to the fridge to get another one. Update: This is a very tasty stout.. I believe it was too cold the first time I tried it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
bbrock81 (311) - Le Mars, Iowa, USA - APR 20, 2002
Second only to (what else?) Guinness in the stouts. An excellent stout, and definitely my drinker at home (after all the only Guinness to get is on Draught). Try it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
popilius (61) - Chicagoland, Illinois, USA - APR 20, 2002
A very enjoyable stout with chocolate undertones. Not too heavy. There’s also a good head on this creamy drink. Enjoyable on a cool, clear afternoon.