overall

RATINGS: 513   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.55   IBU: 43   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Brewing innovation is about asking "what if?". What if we gave an IPA a new identity and used some of our favorite West Coast hops, with their grapefruit, piney, & tropical fruit character, in a lager? The result is this boldly hoppy & and flavorful brew with the crisp smoothness of a lager. Cheers!

MALT VARIETIES Samuel Adams two-row pale malt blend and Munich malt
HOP VARIETIES Zeus, Simcoe, Citra, Ahtanum, Cascade, Centennial, and Nelson Sauvin hops

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
hockeybeerguy (916) - Juneau, Alaska, USA - MAR 24, 2014
Reviewed from notes. The appearance had a three finger off white foamy head lasts for a good three minutes, speckled slightly foamy spider web lacing graces the pilsener and leaves some rings, slowly moving carbonation is seen rising. The smell had some grassy hops up front, slight pepper tones in the back and slightly underneath are the malts. The taste had a nice peppery/spiciness as the hops and malts combine to give a good hoppy kick. The palate was about a medium, sessionable, some slight harshness on the tongue, no aftertaste, sticky finish. Overall, this is a nice pale lager that I would come back to, too bad my whole six pack is gone.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
coyforce (477) - Virginia, USA - MAR 24, 2014
Delicious hoppy smooth lager. Pour is a nice amber color with a thin white head.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
altonbrownd (4618) - Brussels, BELGIUM - MAR 24, 2014
Bottle in Northfield, MA. Golden body with medium head. Nose is hoppy. Taste is hops, citrus. Sweet honey notes. Sticky texture. Well done.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BrownALEx (248) - Portland, Michigan, USA - MAR 24, 2014
Quite impressive. Nice hoppy taste from a lager. Sweet and hoppy at the same time. Will probably get again.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
EamonTheGreat (89) - USA - MAR 22, 2014
Pours golden almost amber with a great hop aroma. Almost similar to an IPA's hop aroma. Citrusy taste gives way to well balanced malt character. A very smooth light beer for the apparent hop flavor. My first IPL, and one of the best lagers I've ever had. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
HeistAlmighty (1043) - Saint John, New Brunswick, CANADA - MAR 12, 2014
355ml bottle. Looks like a lager, but smells like an IPA, grapefruit and herbal hops, but with some bready lager malt. Corny, grainy lager malts in the taste, hops were kind of like the Latitude 48. Lager body. Overall, I’d say IPL was a better idea for making a lighter bodied IPSomething than some of the 4.5% light IPAs I’ve had in the last year.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
pottygok (414) - Ohio, USA - MAR 10, 2014
Aroma: Citrus and spruce hop aromas with hints of resin. Appearance: Sparkling gold with white head Taste: Heavy bitterness with light sweetness at the edges and in the finish. Palate: Full body, light texture, average carbonation, long finish Overall: A nice, crisp clean beer, but lots of flavor. Well done.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
rjplumer (357) - Foxboro, Massachusetts, USA - MAR 9, 2014
Super grapefruit citrus aroma. Nice copper body with a 2 finger head that laces up nicely. Bitter start that smooths out quickly. Hint of a sour finish but is otherwise smooth. Like this one very much. If you like west coast pale ale or IPA’s it’s worth the a try.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
chucklemation (322) - Pontiac, Michigan, USA - MAR 9, 2014
Poured from a bottle with a transparent amber color, plenty of bubbles, and a foamy, long-lasting white head. Has a grapefruit and pine aroma. Taste is the same, with a little bit of hops. Has a crisp medium-body feel with medium carbonation. This is a very nice session beer that doesn’t sit heavy on the stomach and tastes delicious.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Cornfield (5362) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - MAR 8, 2014
At 5% ABV and with the mild h0pping (despite the brewer’s descripti0n), I’m n0t sure why this is listed as a "Str0ng Pale Lager/Imperial Pils." Still, it’s quite drinkable. I picked this up 0n the way h0me fr0m w0rk t0day at the nearby supermarket. It p0urs a clear, deep golden b0dy with a substantial head that reached the t0p 0f my special Sam Adams glass (Thanks, Gene). Pasty lacing c0ated the glass as I drank. I was expecting s0me str0ng PNW h0p ar0mas, but 0nly received a mild d0sage al0ng with s0me s0ft caramel. It has a thick m0uthfeel. The flav0r has s0me even str0nger caramel in it, s0me light citrus, lem0n zest, and yet lighter pine al0ng with a mild bitterness. By the third b0ttle (aided by a c0uple 0f sh0ts) I was liking it m0re, but I had t0 c0me back t0 earthf0r the rating, hence the middle 0f the r0ad sc0re. It’s neither Imperial n0r Str0ng, but a decent drink.... and lately I ask f0r little else in life. "Yactumsqueegie" t0 the L0SBD. With ap0l0gies f0r my br0ken "0h" key....