overall

RATINGS: 51   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.18   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
A Braggot, historically a harmonious blend of mead and beer, gained notice during medieval times and dates back as far as the 12th century. The combination of three unique honeys and the complexity of the hops and chamomile in this braggot style beer create a whimsical brew that is floral with a tart sweetness and a much awaited honey finish. Praise to the queen bee and her colony for this refreshing and satisfying brew.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
CpyNPrnT (300) - Indiana, USA - JUL 8, 2014
tasting-not tasty, lots of sweetness, drinking honey that has alcohol. pass.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
fitwitchik (239) - USA - JUL 7, 2014
Poured from a bomber into a snifter a golden yellow with a nice white head. Aroma is sweet clover honey-wow. Some floral spiciness Flavor is very unique. Like a beer more like a mead. Sweet off the top with something that makes me think of celery/vegetable. Really good flavors going on here. Nicely carbonated. Easily an excellent summertime beverage.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
cernjoh (96) - Ohio, USA - JUL 7, 2014
Poured from a bottle into a snifter. Aroma is of honey and grain. Appearance is a clear medium yellow with a tiny white head that dissipates rapidly. Taste is very good with flavors of honey, banana, corn, and spice. Surprisingly good and refreshing. Overall a beer I’d buy again and recommend. Cheers.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
legion242 (2143) - Richardson, Texas, USA - JUN 28, 2014
Poured a very pretty yellow with a mellow nose. Lots of honey in the first sip, a bit cloying, but no alcohol hinted at. Slight hops mixed in. If it was about 2 to 3 degrees less sweet, I would say it was refreshing.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
kdm1984 (627) - Missouri, USA - JUN 25, 2014
Super lively carbonation is the first thing I notice in the pour. Gold color. Aroma of honey and more honey. Tastes of honey also, though not as heavy as I anticipated. Certainly a different brew. I know nothing about mead other than the mead halls I read about in Beowulf, which came before the braggot, so this is new to me. I do like it, however.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
degbert (1061) - Austin, Texas, USA - JUN 24, 2014
Bottle. Pours a really lovely gold with a high, fine-grained, puffy white head. Nose is honey, berries, apples, nutmeg, and a touch of floral notes. Sweet, obviously; there’s definite honey, and some carbonation, and the beer and yeasty notes are well integrated. My only complaint is that I want a little more acid; it makes me wish I had an orange in the house to toss in a slice. Finish is long, with more of the fruit coming out. Good.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
unclemattie (4118) - Georgia, USA - JUN 21, 2014
2014, 22oz bottle. Yellow color of chamomile tea. Creamy white foam, decent lace. Floral aroma. Tastes sweet, layers of beer flavor, pale cereal malts, honey, sweet honey, and chamomile tea. Finishes with a malted chamomile tea sweetened with honey character. Not the best. Great for the noobs. (4097)

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
junon (408) - Honolulu, Hawaii, USA - JUN 20, 2014
I had assumed it would be more pungent. Surprisingly full bodied. Bread note right up front. Segways into honey. Ends with a "beer" flavour. Definitely curious.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
islay (1057) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - JUN 8, 2014
2 oz. or smaller pour at St. Paul Summer Beer Fest. Consumed on 6-7-14. Listed as "Honey Queen Braggot." Pours a light, hazy brass/gold. Apple juice and honey scents. Tastes more like a beer than like a mead. Sweet, honey flavor gives off a "beeriness." Too sweet and too beery for my tastes. Light to medium body. Oily in the palate.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
BigFatOgre (13) - Lincoln, Rhode Island, USA - JUN 6, 2014
I could really taste the honey, which is what I hoped for when I purchased this.