overall

RATINGS: 533   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.41   EST. CALORIES: 285   ABV: 9.5%
Samuel Adams Double Bock is brewed with a half pound of malt in each bottle, almost enough for a loaf of bread. This rich intense, lager reveals a deep mahogany color and velvety smooth flavor. Samuel Adams Double Bock is one of our most sought after brews. Enjoy!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
mouse725 (83) - Albany, New York, USA - APR 5, 2009
Bottle pour. It says on the back of the bottle that a 1/2 pound of yeast goes into each bottle of this beer- and boy, does that flavour come through! Lots of yeast, lots of malt, a very "heavy in the belly" beer. Not worth the price, but glad I tried it once.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
dnlsartin (80) - Portland, Oregon, USA - MAY 7, 2009
Pours a clean, lucid amber with a lasting, frothy head. Cinnamon and brown sugar aroma. Sweet and heavy malt character with a nutty start and a syrupy finish; the latter a common thread in the brewery’s imperial endeavors. It’s a little heavy, but I like it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
REDBOSOX (80) - Vineyard Haven, Massachusetts, USA - SEP 20, 2009
This one’s certainly a good meal in a bottle! It was mild and smooth for a 9.5% beer. Not exactly the best beer to drink on a hot day but I only get 30 days of leave per year. When I make trips to the States, I drink whatever I can. This one’s GREAT for the winter! I’ll make sure to do that.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
raszputini (71) - North Carolina, USA - JAN 16, 2011
I generally don’t favor Sam Adams products. I took a gamble and grabbed up a four pack of this Imperial Double Bock. I was surprisingly pleased. Nice and malty with a bitter finish. The 9.5 ABV is buried deftly. I would recommend pretty highly.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
ludhaber (62) - Massachusetts, USA - MAR 25, 2012
As promised, this beer is very malty. Huge body and decent hop balance. A little more complexity in the malt would make this beer really high on my list.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
freezy (55) - Minnesota, USA - JUL 26, 2011
Poured into .75L Stein (checked color in shot glass). Dark red brown, Tan head and sticky creamy lacing. smell dark chocolate, molasses, fruitcake, booze...tastes the same, big alcohol burn. this is a belly-warmer ( 750ml ...hick-up). very similar to Ettaler Curator

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
pinto1993 (45) - Revere, Massachusetts, USA - DEC 10, 2009
Pours a dark, reddish brown color with 1/2 inch head. You can smell the malt. First taste is sweet and creamy. The mouthfeel of this beer is unusual. It’s very smooth and has slick feel on your tongue. Very malty with taste of caramel and a touch of hops. A very good seasonal brew.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Fulmonte21 (42) - USA - JUN 10, 2009
They just started carrying this one. This one is strong on the malt and caramel. You can smell and taste the alcohol content. Definitely a sipping beer and I don’t think I could have too many of them at one sitting.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Mdgutows (42) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - APR 17, 2009
Pours a nice dark reddish brown. Lots of caramel malts and toffee. Pretty good but I think you can get a better doppel for ten bucks.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
adeishaqra (40) - - APR 13, 2013
This is a "big" lager indeed. The malt really gives this beer that sweet edge. The German hops add a nice citrus character. A subtle aroma and lingering sweetness in the palate.