Samuel Adams India Pale Ale (IPA)

(RETIRED)
overall

RATINGS: 116   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.25   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Hoppy, with a citrusy floral aroma. Malty caramel finish. Nice amber color.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
hopscotch (9550) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - AUG 14, 2002
This beer rocks. The commercial description is accurate. However, I would like to add that this beer is pretty complex. Very interesting. Very well hopped with a very enjoyable and interesting undertone that I could not identify. Maybe one of the special malts. Jim does it again. A very very good IPA.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Hildigöltur (5103) - København, DENMARK - JUL 28, 2002
Orange colour. Quite weak aroma, but a nice hoppy flavour with a too short bitter aftertaste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
madsberg (10459) - Søborg, DENMARK - JUL 26, 2002
UPDATED: APR 13, 2003 Bottled: This is my 2 IPA, and I kind of like them. The colour of the beer is like the sun on a summer evening half an hour before it sets. Light orange. The aroma is slightly hoppy but a little weak. The same goes for the flavour. A little hoppy, but too weak. I would have preffered if the aftertaste had lasted a little long. All in all a good beer, that i definately will give another try.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
vwsteggie (684) - Paxton, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 18, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 28, 2003 Has a nice amber color with a fruity/hop smell. Taste is of hops/fruit and finishes with a crisp bitterness. Overall pretty average for an IPA, to me. I like it so I will drink more.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - JUL 15, 2002
A good ’starter ipa’. Light orange color. Lightly hopped (for an IPA), but very well balanced - left a long sweetness that urged me to pour another. Had a hard time finding this.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
MartinT (8135) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - JUL 7, 2002
Good clean hop bitterness and citrus fruit acidity…A very good introduction to I.P.A.’s…

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Ingevara (816) - SWEDEN - JUN 26, 2002
The most orange beer I’ve seen. Lots of hops, well in balance with the sugar. A bitter and enjoyable drink.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
MaxPower (961) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - MAY 15, 2002
Nice color not as hoppy as I would like.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
dirtymike (2016) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - MAY 12, 2002
Not bitter enough for my taste. Decent hop aroma/flavor,malty,medium body,finish is lacking.Good effort,but way to mainstream...wait this is SA’s..nevermind :)

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
pilsnerrogge (2536) - Finspång, SWEDEN - APR 4, 2002
Copper-coloured, OK head. Full-bodied. Thick, oily hop-flavour. Very bitter. I like hoppy, bitter beers.